48th British Universities Summer School in Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics
20th - 31st August 2018, Oxford University, UK
Welcome to the 48th BUSSTEPP Summer School.
It will take place on 20th - 31st August 2018.
BUSSTEPP (British Universities Summer School in Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics) is a long-established summer school aimed at PhD students in theoretical particle physics who have completed a year of graduate studies. Having built a very strong international reputation over 40 years, it has been supported by STFC or its predecessor in order to provide a comprehensive and in-depth overview of research in elementary particle physics.
All the training activities, including lectures, individual study, tutorials and student talks will take place in the Oxford physics department, located in north central Oxford next to the University Parks.
Registration is now closed.
STFC-funded and self-funded students are fully supported. EPSRC and EU-funded students employed at UK universities will be charged £1200 to cover the costs of meals, accommodation and a small administrative charge. Students in other categories will be charged £1400 to cover accommodation, meals and tuition.
The School programme includes:
- Advanced Topics in QFT (5 lectures): Johannes Henn (Mainz)
- Phenomenology (4 lectures): Fabio Maltoni (Louvain)
- Beyond The Standard Model (6 lectures): Matthew McCullough, CERN
- AdS/CFT (4 lectures): João Penedones (Lausanne)
- Cosmology (4 lectures): Laura Covi, Göttingen University
- Experimental Particle Physics (3 lectures): Andreas Korn, UCL
- Lattice Field Theory (4 lectures): Biagio Lucini, University of Swansea
- String Phenomenology (4 lectures): Eran Palti, Heidelberg University
- Topic of Current Interest (Guest lecture): Markus Ahlers (NBI)
- Outreach and Science in the Public: Sian Tedaldi (Oxford)
- Student Presentation Sessions