Check back here for our 2019-2020 Calendar of Events!
Statesman Study Guide
2019 Georgia DECA Statesman Award Study Guide
1. Who are the 2019-2020 Georgia DECA Executive Officers and what offices do they represent?
Ronit Ganguly- State President
Shreya Kuturu- VP of Leadership
Jaidan Beal- VP of Marketing
Allison Hengler- VP of Career Development
Jordan Washington- VP of Hospitality
Matthew McCrary- VP of Finance
2. What is the DECA Mission?
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management
3. What is the name of National DECA’s online resource for chapters?
4. What is DECA’s 2019-2020 theme?
Here We Go
5. What are the 3 areas of the GA Chapter Campaign- Here We Go?
Grow, Give, Gain
6. Where is the birthplace of National DECA?
7. Where is the National DECA headquarters located?
8. What are the 4 divisions of DECA membership?
High School, Collegiate, Alumni, Professional
9. What are 2 duties of the President?
Oversees all activities conducted by the Executive Officers
Ensures that all undertakings are successful
Assumes the main leadership role at the Fall Conference & State Career Development Conference
Acts as the primary public relations agent
Uses leadership skills and vision to inspire all Georgia DECA members
Conducts a state project based on the Executive Officer’s Program of Leadership
10. Who is the DECA Acting Executive Director?
11. Who is the Georgia Chartered Association Advisor?
12. Who is the Georgia Marketing Program Specialist?
13. Who is the President of the Georgia DECA Board of Directors?
14. Where is the location of 2020 ICDC?
15. Who is the National DECA President and where is he/she from?
D’Andre Vasquez, Washington
16. Who is the National DECA Southern Region Vice President?
Garrett Elkins, South Carolina
17. What are the official colors of DECA?
Blue and Gold
18. What are the regions of National DECA?
North Atlantic, Southern, Western and Central
19. What region is Georgia in?
20. Who is the Georgia Foundation Board of Directors President?
21. What is the Georgia DECA website address?
22. What is the National DECA website address?
23. What does CTSO stand for?
Career & Technical Student Organizations
24. What is the name of the National Contest Guide?
25. Who can be a DECA member?
Any student enrolled in marketing, business management & administration, finance, or hospitality & tourism program course of study/career pathway/course.
26. What is the 2019-2020 Georgia DECA Community Service Project?
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
27. What does GMEA stand for?
Georgia Marketing Education Association
28. How many Regions does Georgia DECA have for Regional Competition?
29. Where will Fall Rally be held this year?