DECA’s scholarship program provides over $200,000 in scholarships to high school and college DECA members at the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) each year. Many corporate partners of DECA provide scholarships through the DECA scholarship program. DECA Inc. administers the program based on guidelines set by the donor. DECA scholarships are strictly merit-based.
The 2020-2021 application is now open!
These scholarships are available to ALL paid DECA members --- please take advantage of these opportunities!!
Mrs. Simmons will be happy to assist with letters of recommendations if needed.
FAQ's about DECA Scholarships:
1. Do I have to be a current high school or collegiate DECA member to apply for a scholarship?
-Yes, you must be a current DECA member to be eligible for DECA scholarships.
2. What is the deadline to submit my application?
-The deadline to submit your application is January 2021 - Official date is TBD.
3. Can I apply for more than 1 scholarship?
-Yes, you may apply for more than one scholarship as long as you meet the criteria for each scholarship.
4. Do I have to be a high school senior to apply?
- No, all grade levels (from high school freshmen to Collegiate DECA members) are welcome to apply. Unless the scholarship application specifically requires a grade level/collegiate, you can safely assume that all members can apply.
5. Are DECA scholarships based on financial needs ?
-No, most of DECA scholarships are merit-based.
6. Do I have to be interested in a particular career or industry for some scholarships?
-Some such as, AICPA, NAPA and Marriott International do provide scholarships that are focused toward a specific industry and/or career interest.