Welcome to the
First Workshop on BP Innovations with Artificial Intelligence
@ Business Process Management Conference (BPM) 2017, 10 - 15 September 2017, Barcelona, Spain
Artificial Intelligence is receiving huge interest from academics, business professionals, and the media. It is often discussed as the next disruptive technology that will change or automate a manifold of business activities that today require qualified human workers. Examples are:
- Machine Learning and decision-theoretic models for data analysis, e.g. predictive monitoring, and customer segmentation.
- Constraint reasoning and related algorithms as key technology underlying business rule engines,
- Search algorithms for process optimization,
- Intelligent assistants and companions.
These are only a few examples of what Artificial Intelligence technology can do to improve and reengineer business processes. Recently, major IT companies announced cognitive services that make Artificial Intelligence technology ready to use for developing applications. Many larger companies started projects to implement these services within their processes. At the same time, AI researchers discuss AI safety and identify important sources of risks and needs for further investigation.
The First Workshop on Business Process Innovations with Artificial Intelligence (BPAI 2017) focuses on the interplay between two fields: Business Process Management (BPM) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). It aims at investigating in depth how AI will impact the design of business processes, how it enables new business models, how existing ML techniques can be applied to processes, and how humans and AI systems will work together in new models of division of labor between humans and machines.
The goal of the workshop is to :
- Increase the understanding of AI technologies within the BPM field
- Identify important areas of research
- Present and discuss early experiences with implemented AI-based process innovations
- Investigate the application of ML techniques to process and event data
- Tailor ML approaches to process mining assumptions
- Increase the awareness of benefits and risks of AI technology
- Foster the exchange between AI and BPM
BPAI 2017 will be held in conjunction with the 15th Conference on Business Process Management (BPM 2017) in Barcelona, Spain from 10 to 15 September 2017.