Events & Meetings
Details About Special Events
Details About Special Events
Big Thompson Interact version of RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Award)
- I-RYLA (Big Thompson Interact version of RYLA - Rotary Youth Leadership Award) will be on Sunday, March 1st from 9 AM – 3 PM at the Ewe Bet Sheep Ranch 1850 E. Highway 60 Loveland, CO 80537. This ranch is owned by Teresa (a Rotarian) and Jeff Beemer. Teresa was an Interact Adviser for many years. They will have some activities outside around the ranch.
- Everyone is welcome even if they have never been to an Interact meeting. - Come, share the fun, earn community service hours and learn about Interact, a high school group you might want to join if you are not already a member.
- If someone can only come for part of the day, that is fine.
- This is an opportunity to connect with other Interact members at each of the high schools in Loveland, learn leadership skills, and discuss community service projects. The intent is to enhance everyone's interest and abilities around the Rotary motto of "Service Above Self."
- We want to encourage everyone (including first time visitors) to bring friends but also bring younger brothers and/or sisters that are in middle school to start to build interest for when they get to high school. This means parents are invited if they want to come.
- Students will earn community service hours for all the time they are there.
- If anyone wants more info about Interact they can visit our website at www.BigThompsonInteract.org
The Events of the day are:
- 1-2 Ice breakers to get to know each other (30 – 45 minutes)
- Tour of the ranch and outdoor activities with Jeff and Teresa (1 – 1.5 hrs)
- 1-2 RYLA type activities (15 - 30 minutes)
- Lunch (we will provide unless you have special food needs) and Crime Scene Investigation (1-1.5 hrs) Jim Whitenight, a former FBI Agent will set up a crime scene and teams will get to try to solve the crime as everyone is eating.
- Mystery Guest (1 – 1.5 hrs) This guest has an extremely motivating story and also teaches leadership skills.
- Community Service discussion and share project ideas.
- Clothes to get dirty outside and clean clothes for inside - you can change inside or wear a hoodie over a shirt
- The weather says that it will be chilly so bring a jacket
- Shoes you can get dirty
- No stiletto heels, open-toed shoes, or something fancy/expensive
- WEAR YOUR INTERACT SHIRT!! (For visitors we will have some there.)
- Water bottle
- Stay hydrated
- ONE (at least) NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEM
- Donating to house of neighborly service
- PERMISSION FORMS!!! We must have 2 permission forms from each person who wants to participate.
- If you have severe allergies bring own lunch - there are vegan options - food allergies/preferences have never been a problem in the past
- A good attitude and an open mind!
If you have questions please email us at: Info@BigThompsonInteract.org
We look forward to seeing you there!