Rotary is an international service organization of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who have joined together to take action that creates lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
There are more than 35,000 clubs around the world that do things like promoting peace, fighting disease, providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene, supporting education, and growing local economies.
One of Rotary's biggest projects has been to take the lead in totally eradicating the crippling and possibly fatal disease of polio. Luckily we are almost there. (That is why you may not even know what polio is. This is GREAT news.)
Rotary's Motto is "Service Above Self"
- Interact is Rotary's youth group for young people ages 12 - 18 or students that are in middle or high school.
- There are currently 468,556 Interactors in 20,372 Interact clubs in 159 countries around the world
- Our Big Thompson Interact club was started in 2006. We got our name from the Big Thompson River and because we have members from the entire Thompson School District area. We are sponsored by the Loveland Rotary Club.
- Interact is focused on building leadership skills and providing community service.
- To be Rotary approved each club must do at least one local and one international related service project.
- There is also the opportunity to earn a high school letter by meeting the club requirements.
Interact is about having fun, taking action, and discovering the power of “Service Above Self.”
- Make a difference in the community and world
- Make new friends & bring your current friends
- Practice leadership
- Have fun
- Complete community service requirements for school and college scholarships
Who Can Join: Any Loveland/Berthoud area youth age 12 -18
Requirements: There are no dues and no mandatory attendance regulations. We simply ask that members be willing to participate in service projects.
Organization: Big Thompson is the larger community wide organization with clubs meeting at schools or other locations. Currently we have clubs at:
- Mountain View High School
- Thompson Valley High School
- Loveland High School
If you would like to start a club at your school or with your friends, please contact us at: NewClub@BigThompsonInteract.org
How to Join:
- Talk to the president of the club at your school or
- Sign up below, or
- Email us at: Join@BigThompsonInteract.org
For More Information:
- Email us at: Info@BigThompsonInteract.org
While providing service and practicing leadership we have loads of fun!!
Here is what former members had to say:
- This is the best club to join! It’s fun to meet new people and do community service! Alex, age 15
- It is an amazing opportunity for all to become involved in the community and communicate with other peers from other schools. Super cool! Reece, age 18
- It is so much fun. You will have fun while doing community service. Pratik, age 13
- Fun for everyone, even the community! Dakota, age 14
- Lots of fun. Good for community service. Hank, age 12
A day of leadership training at a local sheep ranch.
After a day of leadership training we had a barn dance - and a s'more cookout.
An icebreaker at one of our meetings.
As a member - In addition to
- Making a difference in the community
- Making new friends and
- Having fun
You will have learned the importance of:
- Developing leadership skills and personal integrity
- Demonstrating helpfulness and respect for others
- Understanding the value of individual responsibility and hard work
- Advancing international understanding and goodwill