Library Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 7:30 - 3:45
Bammel Elementary School
17309 Red Oak
Houston, TX 77090
Our Bulldog Learning Commons will be undergoing a transformation this school year. This includes the physical and internal aspects of the library. We will have Book Fairs, but new lessons, MakerSpaces, Escape Rooms, various Apps and technology will be appearing for students and faculty. Here's a spoiler= students will be voting for the Texas Bluebonnet Book Awards in January if they have read 5 books.
With the Learning Commons metamorphosis in 2018-19, a new love of the library to students and faculty will surely begin to take flight! Can't wait for the transformation to begin!
Flipgrid: Record your video and tell us about your favorite book that you read in 2018- don't ruin the answer!!
Green Screen Challenge
Calling all Makers!
We will need to start collecting items that we have around our homes to build our Makerspace supplies. Makerspace allows students to create, build, re-engineer and deconstruct, many of us have building materials in our homes whose use can be recycled. Please take a minute to look at the donation request list to see what items you might be able to provide.
- **Plastic storage bins with or without lids for storage and easy access: tall or short, long or shoebox sized***
- Binder clips
- Building blocks and sets – Legos, K’nex, Tinker toys, Erector sets, magnet building sets, etc (used or new)
- Cable ties (all sizes)
- Cardboard – large flat sheets at Costco, boxes, rolls and tubes, card stock paper, Egg cartons, etc
- Clothes iron
- Construction Paper
- Empty coffee cans
- Empty & rinsed coffee pods
- Stack of paper cups or Styrofoam cups
- Drop cloths (canvas, reusable)
- Fabric, felt , foam sheets
- Globe drink lids (Frappuccino lids at Starbucks or Slurpee lids)
- Gloves – plastic, cloth, leather
- Glue – super glue, Elmers, wood, ***hot glue sticks***
- Hot glue guns
- How-To books (old or new, any age level)
- Left over paints (latex interior, acrylics, tempera, etc…safe for kids to paint cardboard)
- Measuring tape (10ft or longer), T-square
- Old Door knobs (to disassemble)
- Old rubber erasers (does not need to be in good condition)
- Out of service smart phones (to be dissected)
- Paint brushes, sponges, flat applicators, etc for applying paint
- Plastic Flexible Tubing – large and small diameter, etc
- Popsicle sticks
- Sewing machine (working only please)
- Springs (any shape and size…adds physical resistance to projects)
- String – rope, thread, twine, yarn, etc
- Tape – **duct tape**, electrical, copper, scotch, masking, etc
- Tools: hammer, screwdrivers, nail punch, Japanese hand saw, wire stripper, needle nose pliers, etc
- Twist ties
- Used but working video camera (cell phone, hand-held, etc)
- Wire and wire stripper/cutters
- Clean wood pieces – dowels, skewers, toothpicks, flat boards, etc
- Wine corks
- or anything else that you think a tinker lab could use!