- SCADA cybersecurity
- Network and computer security
- Cloud computing
- Optical networking
- Green ICT
- Director of Studies:
- Energy-Efficient Cloud-based Data Centers
- Cloud-based Smart Grid Cyber Security Simulation
- Reliability Modeling for the Virtual Data Centre (VDC) of Cloud Computing Systems
- Intrusion Detection System for Cloud Computing
Projects (past and present)
- Smart Grid Cyber Security Study 2014-2016.
- Prevention, Protection and Reaction to Cyber Attacks to Critical Infrastructures (PRECYSE) 2012-2013.
- Intelligent Energy-Aware Networks (INTERNET) 2010.
- Heterogeneous IP Networks (HIPNet) 2007-2009.
- Integrated Storage Area Networks (INSTANT) 2004-2007.
Awards and Grants
- Paper recognition as “one of the Best Papers submitted to the 2013 Power & Energy Society General Meeting” (PESGM 2013) for work entitled "Intrusion Detection System for IEC 60870-5-104 Based SCADA Networks."
- EBE funded PhD studentships on Smart Grid Cyber Security research, Glasgow Caledonian University, 2014-2017.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Leeds, 2010.
- EPSRC and University of Leeds Scholarships, 2007-2008.
- DTI and Swansea University Scholarships, 2004-2007.
Prof. S. Sezer (Queen's University Belfast), Prof. H. Tianfield (Glasgow Caledonian University), Prof. J.M.H. Elmirghani (University of Leeds), Dr. M. Just (Herriot-Watt University), Dr. K. McLaughlin (Queen's University Belfast), Dr. T. Littler (Queen's University Belfast), Prof. H. F. Wang (Brunel University), Prof. E. G. Im (Hanyang University), Dr. H-H Chou (National Taiwan University of Science and Technology), Dr. T.D. Wilkinson (University of Cambridge), Dr. F. Zhang, Prof. W.A. Crossland (University of Cambridge), Dr. R. Mehmood (King AbdulAziz University), Dr. A. Arabo (University of West England), Dr. Y. Yang, Dr. H. Yue (University of Strathclyde).
PhD Supervisor: Prof. Jaafar Elmirghani (University of Leeds)
PhD External Examiner: Prof. David Parish (Loughborough University)
Post-doctoral Supervisors: Prof. Jaafar Elmirghani (University of Leeds), Prof. Sakir Sezer (Queen's University Belfast)