TAMU GPS Student Chapter 1st Annual Continuing Education Course
Surveying Plat Workflow for
Texas Railroad Commission using GIS and BIM
Primary Instructor: Stacey Lyle, PhD, RPLS
This course will contain lectures by faculty and from professionals from the oil and gas industry as to communicate a balance of academic and industry perspectives.
Andrew Klein, PhD
Stacey Lyle, PhD, RPLS
Daniel Goldberg, PhD
GIS Software Tutorials
BIM Software Tutorials
FME Software Tutorials
CAD Software Tutorials
Date: Fall 2018
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Room 807, Eller Oceanography and Meteorology Building, 3147 TAMU, 797 Lamar St, College, Station, TX , 77843
7:30 am Light Breakfast
8:00am Survey Practice and Examinations
Texas Land History
Texas Land Survey Act and Rules
Texas Natural Resource Code
Possession and Prescriptive Rights
12:00pm On-Site Lunch (Not Included )
1:00pm Presumptions, Intentions, and Calls
Right-of-Way, Easements, and Wa terways
Deeds and Appropriations
5:00pm Course Ends
• Survey Plat to the Texas Railroad Commission.
• Apply Translation data models to convert CAD to GIS
• Design Plats that Meet the TBPLS and TxRRC requirements.
• Organize Plats to have Standards for rapid visualization into a Building Information Models using FME
• Devise the best methods to share data to others in real time to reduce cost and risk.
If you are unable to attend the seminar, the course materials are available for $75.00. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
This course is approved for 8 CEUs by the TBPLS when attended in its entirety.
Credit Cards accepted through online registration
Refunds will not be available.