- Thank you to SSHRC for awarding me a 2019 Postdoctoral Fellowship to study women's leadership in food security organizations. Read more about that project here.
- Thank you to SSHRC for awarding us a 2019 Connection Grant (with co-applicants Belinda Leach, Gwen Chapman and Samantha Brennan) to host a workshop on inclusivity in universities. Read more about that project here.
- Thank you to CAIS for awarding us a 2019-2020 School Innovation Grant (with co-applicant Richard Prosser) to study how high school students develop leadership competencies. Read more about that project here.
- New article out in Social Science & Medicine: "Pathogenic or health-promoting: How food is framed in healthy-living media for women" (free download)
- I'll be presenting as a plenary speaker at the Eighth International Conference on Food Studies in Vancouver, BC on October 25-26th, 2018. The conference has a special focus on digital food cultures.
- Our profile of the University of Toronto's Innovation Hub is in the new issue of Communique (co-authored with Julia Smeed, Heather Kelly and David Newman). We describe how new university services can be designed with students, based on a understanding their needs, using design thinking methodology.
- Read my latest article, "Teaching Food Insecurity: The Social Assistance Food Budget Challenge" in the Graduate Journal of Food Studies
- New article, "Disrupting Power Norms to Empower Students: Four Perspectives," in Communique, the journal of the Canadian Association of College and University Student Services, written with Jacqueline Beaulieu, Margaryta Ignatenko and Julia Smeed.
- New work in Food, Culture and Society, "The Online Domestic Goddess: An Analysis of Food Blog Femininities," coauthored with Sarah Cappeliez, Merin Oleschuk and Josée Johnston
- Blog post by Dr. Josée Johnston: "Hats off to Dr. Alexandra Rodney!"