Follow these steps to complete registration for AHG Troop VA1148.
STEP #2: Forms
- Troop Meeting Permission Slip - fill out 1/girl
- Health and Medical Form - fill out 1/girl and 1/registered volunteer
- Request for Administration of Medication form - (as needed) fill out 1/girl
- High Adventure Activity Medical Form* - (as needed) fill out 1/girl and 1/registered volunteer, must be completed by a medical professional (valid for 12 months from signed date).
- Troop Transport Form** - fill out 1/car
- Parent Signature Page – read Troop VA1148 Guide and sign the acknowledgement page
*Recommended that all Explorers, Pioneers, and Patriots (4th grade and up) have this form completed and on file with the troop. This form is necessary for a girl to participate in certain adventurous activities with her unit (i.e. rock climbing, snowboarding, summer camp, etc.).
**Required for all Unit Leaders, Asst. Unit Leaders, Board Members, and any adult volunteers who plan to accompany (chaperone) units on field trips.
STEP #3: AHGconnect
- Register Daughter(s) + Volunteer Parent Online via AHGconnect - Actual registration is an online, web‑based program run by National called AHGconnect. The troop's Registrar will email you an electronic invitation to register via AHGconnect once paperwork and payment are processed.
STEP #4: Office of Child Protection
- Review the Catholic Diocese of Arlington’s volunteer background check process (https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/Child-Protection/Background-Check/Volunteers/).
- And, contact St. Timothy’s Parish Office (703) 814‑7980 to begin the process.
Troop VA1148 is a volunteer run organization. Providing quality programming for girl members requires a commitment from all families involved. To meet and maintain American Heritage Girls required Leader-to-Girl ratios and to be able to offer a robust and varied program, we require one parent from each family to register as an adult volunteer.
We ask each family to contribute to the operation of the troop in a way that is meaningful and appropriate for their family situation. Please review our Troop VA1148 Volunteer Positions document and prayerfully consider how to help support the troop.
IMPORTANT: Volunteers must be cleared by and compliant with both AHG and the Catholic Diocese of Arlington.
We expect families to participate in the troop’s fundraising activities. Proceeds from fundraising support troop operations, which includes fun events like camping.