Stagg Music Boosters has made available two types of scholarships this year to qualified applicants in our school’s music, choir or guard programs.
- College or University Scholarship – Available to two current seniors who have participated in curricular and/or co-curricular music, choir or guard activities for at least one academic year and plan to pursue an academic program in a performance art at an accredited college or university.
- Summer Study Scholarship – As many as five awards will be available to current Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors participating in a summer music or guard program who have participated in curricular and/or co-curricular music, choir or guard activities for at least one academic year and plan to pursue additional summer studies. Study may include summer camp or private instruction.
To qualify for consideration the following requirements must be met
- Submit a completed application to the Music Boosters
- College Deadline - by 12:00 a.m. CST, May 1st 2019.
- Summer Study – by 12:00 a.m. CST May 1st 2019.
- Note: There will be no exceptions to the deadline and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Be a participant in the music, choir or guard program in the semester for which the applicant qualifies to graduate.
- To obtain the College or University Scholarship the applicant must show proof of acceptance to an accredited music, vocal arts or dance program at a college or university.
- To obtain the Summer Study Scholarship the applicant must show evidence of payment for proposed program.
Stagg Music Boosters will evaluate applications based upon the following criteria: participation in the music, choir and guard programs throughout the applicant’s career at Stagg; leadership positions in the music, choir and guard programs; academic achievement; community service; and outside interests and activities.
Awards and amounts are determined solely by the Music Boosters. The Music Boosters is not responsible for any tax implications resulting from an award. All awards will be announced at either the Senior Honors Night or at the Annual Music Banquet.
To apply, complete the appropriate online form below and submit the appropriate support documentation. You will have the option of attaching these documents at the completion of the online form or you can email them to the Stagg Music Booster organization at email@example.com.
You will receive an email confirmation to the address provided in Section 1 of the application that your application and materials have been received.
Note: All submitted documents will be retained by the Scholarship Committee.
- Complete the University Scholarship online application.
- Submit the following supporting documentation:
- A PDF copy of your grade report for the most recently completed semester.
- A PDF copy of your acceptance letter from an accredited college or university. If letter does not state the major or department to which you were admitted, please attach a letter or other proof of acceptance into applicable program.
- A letter of recommendation from a Stagg teacher and/or counselor. It can be attached as a PDF or the teacher/counselor can email a recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.