At AALUSC, we realize there are many opportunities and causes for you to support and we hope that your belief in and commitment to our work makes you choose us.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities -
· A Luv's Tale (Lesbian Web Series Screening) | June 9, 2018 | 3pm-4pm (tabling)
· Circle of Life Celebration and Pride Memorial | June 19, 2018 | 5pm - 9pm
· Harlem Pride Canvasing & Tabling | June 23, 2018 | 12pm– 6pm (shifts available)
· 2018 NYC Pride March | June 24, 2018 | 11am-4pm (Marcher)2018
· NYC Pride Fest Tabling with NYC Black Pride | June 24, 2018 | 11am-6pm (shifts available)
· Black Lesbian Conference | July 27 - 29, 2018 | Shift Availability TBA
· NYC Black Pride - Songs for Marsha | August 14, 2018 | 6pm-10pm
· NYC Black Pride - Health As a Human Right | August 15, 2018 | 5pm-10pm
· NYC Black Pride - Heritage Awards | August 16, 2018 | 4pm-10pm
· NYC Black Pride - Women's Event | August 18, 2018 | Shift Availability TBA
· NYC Black Pride - Pride at the Beach | August 19, 2018 | 11am-8pm (shifts available)
African Ancestral Lesbians Untied for Societal Change (AALUSC) is looking for emerging and/or current leaders in the black lesbian community that would be interested in being part of a budding Board and Team focused on social justice, creating space and providing resources for the Lesbians across the African Diaspora.
If you are passionate about sustaining our community and addressing the needs and concerns of the community, then join our team.
Call to Action Events - Call to Action Events are events organized or attended to address a concern or issue that affect our community. These usually form as a protest, workgroup, town hall meeting, letter writing campaign or other forums and creative ways to have our voice heard and affect change
Community Groups and Discussion – Groups are held on the Third Wednesday of every month for members to come together and discuss a myriad of topics, interests and issues that are important to the community, including relationships, economic empowerment, politics, etc. These groups are member led and may take form as a facilitated or panel discussion, workshop, presentation and other creative ways we choose to share information.
Social Activities and Events – Social Activities and events are ways to bring members and the community together to socialize, network, live, laugh and explore. These activities may provide cultural, spiritual, educational or just a relaxing and fun-filled experience for those who partake.
Community Involvement – Community Involvement may include volunteering your time and services with AALUSC or other opportunities within the LGBT community through AALUSC, attend Pride or other awareness activities and other creative way to engage with or help in sustaining the black lesbian community or the greater LGBT community