Virtual Learning Resources
Online Learning Resources for Teachers
The Virtual Learning Website created by the school division specifically for teachers
Protip - Always check your video background and open tabs before starting!
Remember that millions of people are using these tools to go online and conference. There will be issues with connectivity. Consider having your students join using audio only if bandwidth seems to be an issue. Situating your workstation near your WiFi router is a good practice as well.
- Google Meet -
- 🆕➡️ Must have Extensions to improve Google Meet
- 🆕➡️ Welcome to your first day of Google Meet
- Google Meet Tips -Google Meet instructions- easy
- How to End a Google Meet the Right Way- Use these directions to make sure you end your meeting correctly so students can't remain in the meeting.
- Using Google Meet With ALC Students
- How to Use Google Meet Video- Really good straight forward video on how to use Google Meet
- Zoom - Protip - Update your Zoom client for new security features
- Excellent webinars - Sign up for an upcoming live webinar or view recordings now!
- ZOOM- Instructions on how to use Zoom video conferencing.
- Tips for Teachers using Zoom-Tips for Teachers using Zoom
- Zoom Waiting Room- Secure your meeting using this new feature.
- 10 Ways to Secure Zoom- Graphic of 10 ways to secure your Zoom Meeting
- Additional Zoom Security Settings- extra settings to secure you meeting
- 🆕➡️ Enabling Breakout Rooms - How to set up breakout rooms in Zoom
- 🆕➡️ Manage Breakout Rooms- How to manage and assign participants to breakout rooms.
- 🆕➡️Video- this video shows you how to create the breakout room and other tips
- 🆕➡️ Mr. Herbert's Video- How to setup Breakout Room option in Zoom and how to use it.
Asynchronous Learning Screen/Video Capture Options
- 🆕➡️ WeVideo - We're on a free trial until June 30. Accounts deleted after June 30!
- Join by logging in with Google. Enter this code if prompted - e3vr1q85
- Robust platform that allows editing (Sliding scale robust vs. ease of use)
- Get to know WeVideo
- Screencastify- Many of you use this tool with the free version. You can now get the full blown version by upgrading and using this code: CAST_COVID in the Redeem Code box when you go to upgrade your account. (I don't think you need the code anymore, just sign in with your VBSchools email/google account)
- LOOM - Great Tool for screen/video recording, as a teacher use the link and login using your Google account to get a free pro version.
- FlipGrid - Engage and empower every voice in your classroom using audio and video
- SeeSaw - Seesaw creates a powerful learning loop between students, teachers, and families
Learning Management Options
- Google Classroom - Must be created with a personal Google Account. Students unable to access classrooms created with VBSchools accounts. Students must have a google account.
- 🆕➡️ How to receive Classroom notifications
- 🆕➡️ First day of Classroom
- 🆕➡️ How to use the Grading Tool in Google Classroom
- 🆕➡️ Create self grading quizzes in Classroom
- 🆕➡️ Setting up Google Classroom for ALC- Instructions on how to setup a Google Classroom to use with your ALC Students.
- 🆕➡️ Teacher's Essential Guide to Google Classroom- Awesome site with links and resources to help you get the most out of Google Classroom?
- 🆕➡️ Getting Started with Google Classroom
- Khan Academy - Teachers can connect with students to assign and monitor coursework.
- Edmodo - Social Learning Platform. ALC School code - pxa1ss
- Google Sites - Create your own website. Trade-offs - No sign in but no tracking
- This introduction is actually part of the Google for Education Certified Educator training.
- Pear Deck- A Google Slides Add-on. Engaging, simple to use. Usually freemium model. Pear Deck is offering a 90 day free subscription for teachers.
- 🆕➡️ Google for Education Teacher Center
- Google Teach From Home Hub - A hub of information and tools to help teachers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis
- GCFLearnFree.org - Thousands of hours of well designed free learning resources
- Adult Basic Education Sites provided by GCFLearnFree
- Creating and managing bookmarks in Google Chrome
- Wide Open School - A collection of resources and live events curated by Common Sense Media
- Providing Feedback - Tips for providing feedback using G Suite, Flipgrid and Seesaw
- G Suite Learning Center-Forms -Training and Help with Forms
- Create Quizzes in Forms- from G Suite learning Center
- How to Use Google Forms Tutorial video- 17 minute tutorial for beginners
- How to Create Google Forms For Your Students- quick online guide on making a Google Form
- How to Create A test That Grades Itself Using Google Forms - another good resource for creating Google Forms that will grade themselves.
Whiteboard options for use with Google Meet
- WebWhiteboard - A website that you can create a free whiteboard that you can use while sharing your screen with your students in your online video program. Lots of cool tools.
- Virtual Math White Board- Use this whiteboard with a broad selection of tools from McGraw-Hill
- Classroom Screen - Some of you might remember this online site that gives you ten tools to choose from and one is as a Whiteboard. You can share your screen in one of the video conferencing tools and use this to instruct students.
- Chrome Canvas/Google Jamboard
REMIND- Communications tool
- 🆕➡️ Remind Instructions for setup and use
- 🆕➡️ Video - Watch this great video on how to use Remind. You can also see how to link it to your Google Classroom.
- Monday-Friday 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
Google Meet- use this link to video chat with Mr. Stringent (on live M-F 11:15 am-12:15 pm) If you need to be online live with me outside this time, send me an email and we will set something up.
Password Issues- Teachers-Please use the link to signup for the SSPR system so that you can change your network password yourself. There are times when Mr. Stringent or Mr. Herbert will not be able to help you change your password. You will have to call 757-263 -1111.