Follow us on Instagram!
Scan the QR Code to follow our new Counseling Instagram page for information on counseling updates, scholarships, programs and internships, school support, college info and more!
Check out our Calendar of Events!
With the many virtual events taking place this year, we want to help students get organized and stay on track of important deadlines. Please check out our new Counseling Calendar for upcoming events!
The VHS Counseling team is here to support all students in the realms of social-emotional support, academics and college and career readiness.
Students should have automatically been enrolled in their Grade Level Google Classroom in order to receive updates and information. If you do not see this Google classroom, Please see your school counselor for google classroom codes.
Schedule Change Requests
SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUEST POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Vacaville High School has a student driven master schedule. Course sections are created based off student request. It is important that students make careful decisions based on graduation requirements and college/career goals. Students will meet individually with their counselors in the second semester to select core classes, electives and alternatives to meet college/career goals.
REQUESTS DURING THE 1ST WEEK OF SCHOOL
The first week of school is the only week a student can request a schedule change. For any academic course change to take place, counselors will consult course selection forms, teacher recommendations, and course prerequisites. Schedule change requests that do not meet criteria below will not be processed. Acceptable schedule change requests will be made if master schedule allows, these changes are not guaranteed.
Acceptable schedule change requests:
1. Student needs to change a class to meet a high school graduation requirement or to meet a college eligibility requirement.
2. Student has been scheduled into the wrong level of a class
3. Student has not completed the pre-requirement required for the class enrolled
4. Student is missing a class/period or schedule error.
Unacceptable schedule change requests:
• Requests for a different teacher.
• Change of class period based on preference.
• Request for an elective change (unless error or seat availability issue).
• AP and Honors courses may not be changed following the first week unless a Student Plan for Success meeting takes place.
REQUESTS MADE AFTER THE 1ST WEEK OF SCHOOL
If a request is made after the 1st week of school, parents and students will be directed to contact the classroom teacher to resolve any problems/concerns and to discuss strategies for success. Parents can call the counseling office to schedule a parent/teacher Student Plan for Success meeting after the first Quarter. Administrative approval will be required in the rare case a change is warranted after one week. At spring semester, yearlong courses will only be dropped for extenuating circumstances with administrative approval.