Multicultural Play Therapy Center Conference
June 25-29, 2018
Who Should Attend: Professional counselors, school counselors, play therapists, social workers, psychologists, and students.
What: The 11th Annual Multicultural Play Therapy Center Conference
Where: The University of North Carolina at Charlotte Atkins Library Halton Room, June 25, 26, 28, & 29
Wednesday, June 27 - Activities will take place in the Cone University Center Lucas Room
When: June 25-29, 2018
Times: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily
CEUs: LPCs, school counselors, and social workers may earn up to 30 CEUs (6 per day) for the conference (APT Approved Provider #07-191; NBCC Approved Provider #4208, and the Department of Social Work at UNC Charlotte).
- June 25, Ecosystemic Play Therapy for Children with Attachment Related Difficulties, Kevin O’Connor, PhD, ABPP, RPT-S
- June 26, What Makes Play Therapy Work? – Change Processes and the Therapeutic Powers of Play, Kevin O’Connor, PhD, ABPP, RPT-S
- June 27, Surviving the Trenches: The Parallel Process of Treating Trauma in the Playroom, Angie Vandenberg, TFCBT, & Lisa Brooks, MSW, LCSW- National TF-CBT
- June 28, Adventure Based Family Play Therapy, Scott Riviere, MS, LPC, RPT-S
- June 29, Creative Interventions for the Challenging Child: A Play Therapy Approach, Scott Riviere, MS, LPC, RPT-S OR Creative Approaches in Play Therapy Supervision: A Culturally Sensitive Approach , Jennifer Geddes Hall, LPC, RPT, ACS