The Optics Society at the University of Michigan (OSUM) promotes the discipline of Optical Science and Engineering through the organized effort of students and faculty, disseminate knowledge of the field of Optics and Photonics, and to further the professional development of the students. OSUM is a joint student chapter of the Optical Society (OSA) and the International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE).
As a chapter, some of our goals are:
- To provide an open forum for optics discussions between faculty, undergrads, and graduate students.
- To disseminate optics knowledge and raise awareness of optics related activities.
- To better create a cohesive optics community here at Michigan.
- To provide a stress-free place for presentation of research and optics ideas.
- To educate the greater community about science, technology, and optics.
- To provide a bridge between students and the local/national chapters of SPIE and OSA.
- To encourage conference participation and presentation among all students.
- To provide funding opportunities to attend conferences.
Optics Student-Faculty Welcome Mixer
The Optics Society at the University of Michigan (OSUM) would like to invite you to join us for our annual Student-Faculty Welcome Mixer on Wednesday, September 4th, at 12:00 pm in the Johnson Rooms of the Lurie Engineering Center on North Campus. Come by any time from 12-2 pm as your schedule allows.
Come meet other students and faculty members who study optics - across various departments here at U-of-M.
Lunch will be provided. Please RSVP so that we may accurately order food: https://forms.gle/4keJcuPvhkPv13JQ7
We hope to see you there!
Date: Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Time: 12:00 - 2:00 pm
Where: Johnson Rooms, Lurie Engineering Center, North Campus
RSVP by September 3rd, 5:00pm: https://forms.gle/4keJcuPvhkPv13JQ7
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/383103355704416/