As the University of Michigan celebrates its 200th anniversary, the U-M Department of Biomedical Engineering marks its own major milestones in 2017. It was just over 50 years ago that U-M’s BiomedE program helped pioneer the field by awarding some of the first bioengineering degrees in the country. Established as a formal department 20 years ago, BME has been a national leader in interdisciplinary research, both basic and translational, from neural engineering to imaging to regenerative medicine and beyond. Five years ago, BME became the University of Michigan’s first joint department in engineering and medicine, unlocking the potential for life-changing collaborations between engineers, scientists and clinicians at these top-ranked schools.
On September 14 - 15, 2017, we invite you to celebrate this rich history, our exciting present, and our ambitious future. Please mark the dates and keep an eye out for additional details. We hope you will join us!
Thursday, September 14, 2017
- Imaging Presentation: (History, Future, Panel Discussion) 1:00 - 2:45 PM
- Neural Engineering Presentation: (History, Future, Panel Discussion) 3:00 - 5:00 PM
- Keynote: Matt O'Donnell, 5:15 PM
Friday, September 15, 2017
- Regenerative Medicine Presentation: (History, Future, Panel Discussion) 12:45-2:15 PM
- Precision Health Presentation: (Nanotechnology, Computational Biology, Panel Discussion) 2:30-4:15 PM
- Keynote: David Mooney, 4:30 PM
We ask that you RSVP by April 17 to let us know if you plan to join us
If you have any questions about the event, please email:
© 2017 The Regents of the University of Michigan