AR AIMS Math Digital Learning
AR AIMS has created this Google Site to help teachers across Arkansas during the COVID-19 school closures. I will continue to update this site, so please check back often! If you have any questions or concerns about the materials, please send me an email.
Summer Vaught, AR AIMS Math Director
Find the Most up to date information from College Board -
AR AIMS Live Zoom Review Sessions!!!
AR AIMS is hosting live Zoom Review Sessions for AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, and AP Statistics during the weeks of April 27th and May 4th. Students and Teachers will review concepts and ask questions! The sessions will be around 1 hour and will be recorded and posted to this site afterwards. Check out the file below of all of the information on next weeks sessions.
The links below will take you to a folder with the handouts, solutions, and recorded videos for each of the live review sessions.
College Board AP Math/Computer Science Webinar with Trevor Packer
The college board held a webinar with Trevor Packer, head of the AP Programs at the College Board, on Tuesday, April 14th at 7:30pm. If you missed the webinar, you can watch the recording and get more information at the following links:
- Playback the 2020 AP Exams Updates with Trevor Packer presentation
- Review the Updates for AP Students and Schools Affected by Coronavirus website including:
- Let us know about Students with a Need for Mobile Tools or Connectivity
- Register for our 2020 Exam Day Updates for Teachers presentations, starting April 28.
College Board Update, April 3rd, 2020
On Thursday, April 2nd, The college board hosted a live webinar to discuss the new format of the AP Exam for 2020. If you missed it, a link to the recording can be found here. There was a lot of helpful information about the new exam, accommodations, timing, equity, etc.
College Board has also posted more specific information about the layout of each exam. Here are the highlights:
- Exam Schedule
- Question 1 - 25 min
- 5 minutes allowed to upload solution
- Question 2 - 15 min
- 5 minutes allowed to upload solution
- Both Questions are expected to cover multiple topics. In AP Statistics, questions 1 WILL NOT be an investigative task (Like question 6), but will be more like a typical exam question.
- For more information, click the link below, and scroll down to "Content-Specific Exam Information" and find your course.
Daily Content Videos from College Board
College Board is releasing daily videos on various content topics for all AP subjects. AP Calculus BC videos can be watched live at 8 am, and AP Calculus AB and AP Statistics are live at 1 pm. Handouts and materials can be found in the video description, or at the link at the top of our College Board You Tube Video Page. You can watch them live or any time after their scheduled time
Updated AP Exam Information (last update, March 23rd, 2020)
Overview: 45 minute exams will be given online on 2-different dates (to be released by April 3rd).
Exams will cover only PART of the content (Units refer to the Course Exam Description (CED) from College Board):
- AP Statistics - Units 1-7 only
- No Chi-Squared (Unit 8), No Inference for Regression (Unit 9)
- Here is a Link for the Course at a Glance for AP Statistics
- AP Calculus - Units 1-7 only
- No Applications of Integration (this includes area and volume, average value, etc.)
- AP Calculus BC - Units 1-8, 10.2,10.5,10.7,10.8,10.11
- No Parametric and Polar, Limited Series - No Alternating Series, no Error
- Here is a link for the Course at a Glance for AP Calculus (AB and BC)
AR AIMS is providing digital learning resources to our teachers.
The Zoom Videos are for AP Review. They were recorded during the 2018-2019 school year, and pair with the NMSI handouts of the same name. I have also included a list of online resources for both Calculus and Statistics.
Collection of Online Resources
Many of these were acquired through the AP Calculus AB/BC Teachers and AP Statistics Reader facebook pages. I have also included a few of my own resources.
Resources for Non-AP Teachers
I will continue to update the website so please check back often!