Classroom Behavior Policy
Mayflower Mill Grinder Goals
All students deserve to learn in a positive, safe, and nurturing classroom! Our discipline plan provides guidance so that students can make good choices. The plan emphasizes and rewards good behavior.
“Do The Right Thing, Treat People Right"
- Respect- Treating self and others with courtesy and fairness.
- Responsibility- To be someone that others can rely and depend on, to be trusted to do what needs to be done, and to be accountable for our own actions.
- Cooperation- Working together to achieve a common goal.
- Integrity- Acting with a sense of what is right and what is wrong.
- Perseverance- Working toward the desired goal, even when it is difficult.
Mayflower Mill School Pledge
I am proud to be a student at Mayflower Mill.
Today I will do the right thing and treat people right.
I promise to be the best I can be!
This pledge will be stated each day!!
Rewards for Choosing Good Behavior
- Class Dojo Points
- Mini-Economy- Students will be earning classroom money for a job well done!
- Verbal praise and compliments!
- Positive messages to parents!
- Class rewards!
- Extra privileges!
- Treats, stickers, and Great Grinder Tickets!
- Mini Economy Bonus
- Class DOJO bonus
- Verbal Praise
Daily behavior will be tracked through a clipboard system. Each child has a spot on the class clipboard. This clipboard will travel with the class to lunch, recess, and all specials. The clipboard may be marked for not following any of the five Rules.
First offense – Verbal warning
Second offense – DOJO fine
Third offense – DOJO fine
Fourth offense – DOJO fine and call/note home
Fifth offense – Official Office visit
*Students may also be sent directly to the office in the event of a serious offense.