All teachers, administrators, and students have accounts. Google Apps work best when using Chrome as your browser.
Password: yourcopycodewlcs (Note that there is NO d) - (Example: 001234wlcs)
Username: email@example.com (Example: AB1234567@students.wlcsd.org)
Password: studentWLpasswordwlcs (Note that there is NO d) - (Example: a123wlcs)
Be sure to UNCHECK the “stay signed in” box when using district/shared computers.
G Suite for Education is available for all Walled Lake Consolidated School District students and teachers! This system, powered by Google, will provide a suite of Google productivity products that will enable us to better communicate, share, and collaborate.
G Suite for Education represents an important step towards developing a 21st century approach to curriculum and learning. These tools will support the high levels of collaboration that are required in today’s classroom to prepare students with the communication and collaboration skills they’re going to need.
What are the benefits of G Suite for Education?
- Anytime, anywhere access - G Suite for Education works in any browser on any computer, which means you can access your email, calendars, and documents from school or at home without any compatibility issues.
- No flash drives required with documents and files stored in Google Docs.
- Students can easily collaborate with other Walled Lake students from their own class, or from other classes and schools.
- Teachers can monitor student work easily & offer feedback/comments. Teachers can see the revision history (what was revised, by whom, and when).
- Students can develop an e-portfolio of work showing growth throughout their school years.
- It is environmentally friendly - it will conserve paper and electronic resources.
- There are many instructional benefits - collaboration is included in the Michigan Curriculum Standards, and there are new formative assessment possibilities
- Cost savings due to needing less software licenses, and server storage
- Student work is submitted electronically to teachers, eliminating the need for costly printers, ink, and paper.
- Files are saved automatically (no more “I lost my work.”)
- Prepares students for a world that is moving quickly to cloud computing.
One log-in to get to all the Google Applications
Click the Google Apps Menu Launcher in the upper right corner to access any of the Google applications.