North Bay Innovation School
The North Bay Innovation School (NBI) is a completely new learning community with a focus on Project-Based Learning and a truly personalized approach to learning. Students will master the content knowledge for college and the essential skills for career and life.
- Students plan their academic, college and career goals, mentored by a teacher who understands their aspirations.
- Teachers facilitate collaborative projects where students can build and demonstrate cognitive skills.
- Students work through content and assessments at their own pace. Teachers individualize instruction using real-time data.
- Students work with teacher mentors to develop a growth mindset, emotional intelligence, and self-directed learning skills.
NBI will be based on the proven success of the Summit Learning Platform.
What does "Radical Personalization" mean?
- Weekly 1-on-1 Mentor Meetings with students
- 25 to 1 Student to Mentor ratio
- Minimum 12 Units College of Marin Credit
- Cutting-edge Integrated Learning Management System
- Common Core and Next Generation Science Standard Aligned
- "Radically Personalized" Learning Environment
The School Culture
NBI strives to be a learning community where faculty and students learn and pursue interests together. Faculty guides are both teachers and mentors.
Most learning experiences at NBI – projects, internships and courses – will involve creating and building. The products of this work – the tangible outputs of learning experiences will be shared in “Exhibitions of Learning” with the NBI school community – the students, their teachers and parents. These will include recitals, demonstrations, presentations and explanations.