Milaca olweus bullying prevention program
Bullying is when someone repeatedly and on purpose says or does mean or hurtful things to another person who has a hard time defending him or herself.
It includes three key components:
- Involves an aggressive behavior
- Typically involves a pattern of behavior repeated over time
- Includes an imbalance of power
The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program is a systems change program designed for all students that is both preventive and responsive and focuses on changing norms and restructuring the school setting.
Milaca Public Schools will adhere to the following rules:
- We will not bully others
- We will try to help students who are bullied
- We will try to include students who are left out
- If we know that somebody is being bullied, we will tell an adult at school and at home