At Sprowston Community Academy our careers programme encourages students to be ambitious, broaden their horizons and explore their own career aspirations throughout their life at school.
The programme ensures students’ readiness to take their next step in their learning or career.
The objectives for the careers programme are as follows:
• helping students to understand the changing world of work
• facilitating meaningful encounters with employers for all students
• supporting positive transitions post 16 & post-18
• enabling students to develop the research skills to find out about opportunities
• helping students to develop the skills, attitudes and qualities to make a successful transition into the world of work
• encouraging participation in continued learning, higher education and apprenticeships
• supporting inclusion, challenging stereotyping and promoting equality of opportunity
• contributing to strategies for raising achievement, particularly by increasing motivation.
Events are held throughout the year in a variety of areas including UCAS application support, Lunch with a…, Interview skills and work shadowing.
All students have open access to our Careers Hub and during KS4 & KS5 will be allocated a one to one session with our Level 6 Qualified Impartial Careers Adviser from Beacon East.