My research focuses on Business Economics and Game Theory with a primary interest in Market Design. My research papers are published in leading economics journals, including the American Economic Review and the American Economic Journal, as well as leading journals in other related fields such as AAMAS and Artificial Intelligence.
Osaka University, Department of Economics
1-7 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka, 560-0043 JAPAN
- Princeton University (Ph.D.) September 2007
- Princeton University (M.A.) January 2005
- University of Tokyo (B.A., summa cum laude) March 2002
DATE OF BIRTH
- The Ultimate Objective of the Development ProcessPursuit of Material Wealth versus Societal Well-being, Chapter 16 in The world in 2050: Striving for a more just, prosperous, & harmonious global community, Oxford University Press, forthcoming.
- Strategy-Proof Matching with Regional Minimum and Maximum Quotas (with Masahiro Goto, Atsushi Iwasaki, Yujiro Kawasaki, Ryoji Kurata, and Makoto Yokoo), Artificial Intelligence, Vol.235, pp.40-57, 2016.
- Expanding "Choice" in School Choice (with Atila Abdulkadiroglu and Yeon-Koo Che), American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, Vol.7(1), pp.1-42, 2015. WP version
- Strategy-Proof Matching with Regional Minimum Quotas (with Masahiro Goto, Naoyuki Hashimoto, Atsushi Iwasaki, Yujiro Kawasaki, and Makoto Yokoo), AAMAS2014 (Full Paper), pp.1225-1232, 2014.
- Resolving Conflicting Preferences in School Choice: The "Boston Mechanism" Reconsidered (with Atila Abdulkadiroglu and Yeon-Koo Che), American Economic Review, Vol.101(1), pp.399-410, 2011. WP version
- School Choice Design: A Game Theory Approach, editor, NTT Shuppan (in Japanese, 2010).
- 『学校選択制のデザイン ゲーム理論アプローチ』（編著, NTT出版, 2010年）
- Essays in Theoretical Industrial Organization, Ph.D. Thesis, Princeton University (2007).
February 20, 1980
Last Update: July 2016