Luis Yoichi Morales Ph.D.
- Designated Associate Professor at Nagoya University Institute of Innovation for Future Society
- Cooperative Research Scientist at ATR (Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute)
- E-mail: yoichims<AT>ieee.org
- Twitter: @LuisYMS
- ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Y_Morales
Research: In the present my research is focused in navigational comfort for passenger vehicles, spatial cognition, and human-centered autonomous navigation.
I am interested in the theory-implementation-experimentation cycle where robot implementation is a must do.
I think we have few robots around us because implementation on the real physical robot is overlooked.
Please click and feel free to watch some of my robot system implementations: Videos
- 2016~ Designated Associate Professor at Nagoya University
Cooperative Research Scientist at ATR
- 2009-2016 Research Scientist at ATR
- 2009-2009 Robotics Researcher at the University of Tsukuba.
- 2006-2009 Ph.D. in Robotics. University of Tsukuba, Intelligent Robot Laboratory
- 2004-2006 M.S. in Robotics. University of Tsukuba, Intelligent Robot Laboratory
- 2003-2004 Research student at the University of Tsukuba, Intelligent Robot Laboratory
- 1997-2002 Undergraduate in communications and electronics (National Polytechnic Institute of Mexico)
Closing the GAP between intelligent robot systems and present state of the art:
- How could a robot system learn and store previous experiences in an efficient way to be retrieved when necessary?
- Could autonomous robot systems perform intelligent actions based on newly perceived information combined with learnt previous experiences?
- Should robot systems be only pre-programmed autonomous machines capable of performing simple tasks or should they have some type of "consciousness" or "common sense"? (probably we should first come to a good and acceptable definition of consciousness).
- Currently I am doing research to improve robotics technology and close the GAP between merely autonomous robots and robots with higher level of artificial intelligence.
Created on January 2010
Last Updated on June 2018
The contents of this page are property of Yoichi Morales.
Yoichi Morales Copyright@2009
For any copy or information about this page please contact me