Teikyo University, Department of Psychology
Social psychology, Evolutionary psychology, Behavioral economics
Cooperation, Cultural evolution, Emotion, Social network
See, "About research"
Publications (Selected papers):
- Horita, Y., & Takezawa, M. (2018). Cultural differences in strength of conformity explained through pathogen stress: a statistical test using hierarchical Bayesian estimation. Frontiers in Psychology, 9, 1921.
- Horita, Y., Takezawa, M., Inukai, K., Kita, T., & Masuda, N. (2017). Reinforcement learning accounts for moody conditional cooperation behavior: experimental results. Scientific Reports, 7, 39275.
- Horita, Y., Takezawa, M., Kinjo, T., Nakawake, Y., & Masuda, N. (2016). Transient nature of cooperation by pay-it-forward reciprocity. Scientific Reports, 6, 19471.
- Horita, Y. (2010). Punishers may be chosen as providers but not as recipients. Letters on Evolutionary Behavioral Science, 1, 6-9.
- Schug, J., Matsumoto, D., Horita, Y., Yamagishi, T., & Bonnet, K. (2010). Emotional Expressivity as a signal of cooperation. Evolution and Human Behavior, 31, 87-94.
- Yamagishi, T., Horita, Y., Takagishi, H., Shinada, M., Tanida, S., & Cook, K. S. (2009) The private rejection of unfair offers and emotional commitment. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 106, 11520-11523.
- Grants-in-Aids for the Japanese Society for Young Scientists (B), 2015-2017
- Grants-in-Aids for the Japanese Society for Young Scientists, 2018-2010
Hokkaido University, M.A. (Behavioral Science)
Hokkaido University, Ph. D. (Behavioral Science)
- Associate professor, Teikyo University, 2019-
- Assistant professor, Teikyo University, 2016-2019
- Project assistant professor, National Institute of informatics of Japan, 2013-2016
- Post-doctoral research fellow, Department of Behavioral Sciences, Hokkaido University, the Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science 2012-2013
- Post-doctoral research fellow, Department of Psychology, Sophia University, the Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science, 2011-2012
Ad hoc journal reviewer:
Computational Cognitive Science
Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience
Frontiers in Psychology
Journal of Behavioral Decision Making
Journal of Cognitive Psychology
Journal of Economic Psychology
Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied
Japanese Journal of Psychology
Review of Behavioral Economics
Social Psychology Quarterly