Full name : HOANG VAN XIEM
Profession : PhD , VNU-UET/FET Lecturer
Place of Birth : Bacgiang, Vietnam
Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications, VNU-UET
Company page : http://fet.uet.vnu.edu.vn/en/
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
09/2011 - 09/2015 : Ph.D - Instituto Superior Técnico, TU Lisbon, Portugal
Supervisor(s): Prof. Dr. Fernando Pereira; prof. Dr. João Ascenso
Thesis: Combining predictive and distributed video coding
09/2009 - 08/2011 : M.Sc - Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea,
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Byeungwoo Jeon
Thesis: Frame content based intra mode decision for efficient DVC
08/2004 - 07/2009 : B.E. - Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
Coming Conference (TPC committee):
- NICS 2017: http://nafosted-nics.org/
- ICGHIT 2018: http://icghit.org/?page_id=42
Awards and Honors:
1/2018 : Best paper award - IWAIT 2018, ChiangMai, Thailand
10/2015 : PhD award was given by the Fraunhofer Portugal Challenge (selected from > 70 PhD and MSc Theses in Portugal within 2 recent years
10/2015 : PhD final classification: Distinction
06/2015 : Best paper award - IEEE Picture Coding Symposium, Cairns, Australia
09/2011 : PhD scholarship (4 years) for doing a Ph.D degree at IST/UL, Portugal 09/2009 : M.sc scholarship (2 years) for doing a MSc degree at Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
10/2011 : ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) invited membership
- 01 Best paper award (IWAIT 2018)
- 2 IWAIT 2018 papers have been accepted!
- Oct. 2017. Got an accepted letter from IET Image Processing.
- Aug. 2017. Visiting professor at DM Lab, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
- Nov. 2016. Our Nafosted project has been accepted!
- Aug. 2016. 3 accepted notification from IEEE ATC 2016!
- June. 2016. Visiting scholar at University of Technology Sydney.
- (09. Oct. 2015). I have successfully defended my PhD with a Distinction grade
- (Oct. 2015) Fraunhofer Portugal Challenge 2015, PhD award
- IT NEW LETTERS features our work on HEVC scalable video coding
- (May.2015). BEST PAPER AWARD: we won the best paper award for our paper "Improving Enhancement Layer Merge Mode for HEVC Scalable Extension" at the IEEE Picture Coding Symposium, Cairns, Australia, May, 2015.