(feedback is welcome)
- Xiaolei Huang, Jonathon May, Nanyun Peng. What Matters for Cross-Lingual Named Entity Recognition: An Empirical Analysis. In Proceedings of the 2019 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), Hong Kong, China, Nov. 2019. [23.8% acceptance]
- Hyoyoung Lim, Xiaolei Huang, Samuel Miller, Joshua Edelmann, Timothy Euken, and Stephen Voida. 2019. Poster: Smart Cook: Making Cooking Easier with Multimodal Learning. In Adjunct Proceedings of the 2019 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and the 2019 International Symposium on Wearable Computers (UbiComp/ISWC’19 Adjunct), September 9–13, 2019, London, United Kingdom.
- Class Project Repository
- Xiaolei Huang, Michael J. Paul. Neural temporality adaptation for document classification: Diachronic word embeddings and domain adaptation models. Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Florence, Italy, July 2019. [22.7% acceptance]
- Xiaolei Huang, Michael J. Paul. Neural User Factor Adaptation for Text Classification: Learning to Generalize Across Author Demographics, Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics (*SEM), Minneapolis, USA. June 2019. [33.3% acceptance]
- Xiaolei Huang, Michael C. Smith, Amelia M. Jamison, David A. Broniatowski, Mark Dredze, Sandra C. Quinn, Justin Cai, Michael J. Paul. Can online self-reports assist in real-time identification of influenza vaccination uptake? A cross-sectional study of influenza vaccine-related tweets in the US, 2013-2017. BMJ Open 9(1):e024018.
- Xiaolei Huang, Lixing Liu, Kate B. Carey, Joshua Woolley, Stefan Scherer, Brian Borsari. Modeling Temporality of Human Intentions by Domain Adaptation, In Proceedings of the 2018 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), Brussels, Belgium. October 2018. [23.2% acceptance]
- Xiaolei Huang, Michael J. Paul, Examining Temporality in Document Classification. In Proceedings of the 56th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Melbourne, Australia. July 2018. [24% acceptance]
- Xiaolei Huang, Linzi Xing, Jed R. Brubaker, Michael J. Paul. Exploring timelines of confirmed suicide incidents through social media. IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI), Park City, Utah. August 2017.
- Xiaolei Huang, Michael C. Smith, Michael Paul, Dmytro Ryzhkov, Sandra Quinn, David Broniatowski, Mark Dredze. Examining Patterns of Influenza Vaccination in Social Media. AAAI Joint Workshop on Health Intelligence (W3PHIAI), San Francisco, California. February 2017.
- Xiaolei Huang, Xin Li, Lei Zhang, Tianli Liu, David Chiu, Tingshao Zhu. Topic Model for Identifying Suicidal Ideation in Chinese Microblog, The 29th Pacific Asia Conference on Language, Information and Computation (PACLIC’15), Shanghai, China. October 2015. [28.5% acceptance for oral presentation].
- Xiaolei Huang, Lei Zhang, Tianli Liu, David Chiu, Tingshao Zhu, Xin Li. Detecting Suicidal Ideation in Chinese Microblogs with Psychological Lexicons, 11th International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing and the 2014 Workshop on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Data Analytics (PUDA’2014).
- Lei Zhang, Xiaolei Huang, Tianli Liu, Zhenxiang Chen, Tingshao Zhu. Using linguistic features to estimate suicide probability of Chinese microblog users. International Conference on Human Centered Computing. Springer, Cham, 2014.