Ph.D. @ University of Colorado Boulder
I am seeking for Research/Applied Scientist.
I'm currently a 4th year Ph.D. student of Information Science (advised by Prof. Michael J. Paul) @ the University of Colorado Boulder. Previously, I graduated from the Chinese Academy of Sciences with MSc. degree in Computer Science.
My current research interest is in domain adaptation & cross-lingual transfer learning, with applications in health informatics. For example, I modeled and analyzed public health issues (flu vaccination services and mental health) via social media. I also had some experience in cross-lingual transfer learning of low resourced languages.
In my free time, I enjoy hiking and doing volunteering works. I volunteered in YMCA, One Heartland, local nursing house & HIV organization, etc. I love cooking and traveling.
- A sentiment analysis dataset that contains user demographic information (gender and age) that could potentially be used for author-level debiasing and fairness evaluation. Over 1 M documents & 800K user entries.
- Dataset: https://cmci.colorado.edu/~mpaul/files/starsem2019_demographics.data.zip
- Paper: https://www.aclweb.org/anthology/S19-1015
- Data Statement:
Top 5 News:
- 2019 - 08 Paper of "What Matters for Cross-Lingual Named Entity Recognition: An Empirical Analysis" got accepted in EMNLP-2019. (Hong Kong, China). Learning Cantonese in progress.
- 2019 - 07 Paper of "Smart Cook: Making Cooking Easier with Multimodal Learning" got accepted in Ubicomp 2019. We apply Multimodal models and Elasticsearch engine to enhance cooking experience.
- 2019 - 05 Paper of "Neural Temporality Adaptation for Document Classification: Diachronic Word Embeddings and Domain Adaptation Models" was accepted by ACL 2019.
- 2019 - 04 Paper of "Neural User Factor Adaptation for Text Classification: Learning to Generalize Across Author Demographics" was accepted by *SEM 2019;
- 2019 - 02 I will join Adobe Research at San Jose as a Research Intern this summer;
- Conference Reviewer (PC):
- 2020: ICWSM
- 2019: EMNLP, ACL, ICWSM, NAACL
- Journal Reviewer:
- Computer Science: Future Generation Computer Systems (2018); Artificial Intelligence Review (2018-19)
- Social Sciences: The Social Science Journal (2019)
- Workshop Reviewer (PC):
- 2nd Reviewer:
- WWW'17, EMNLP'17, AAAI'18, NAACL'18, EMNLP'18