WIRRAL FOOTPATHS AND OPEN SPACES PRESERVATION SOCIETY
Wirral Footpaths and Open Spaces Preservation Society (WFOSPS) is required to have a policy on why individuals' personal information is collected, how it is used and stored. The purpose of this policy is to comply with the Data Protection Acts and Regulations.
2. On what legal basis and why do we collect your personal information?
WFOSPS collects and processes personal information on the basis of ‘Legitimate Interests’ for the following purposes:-
- To record a list of members of WFOSPS and to manage subscription payments
- To circulate information regarding WFOSPS events such as walks, talks, footpath clearance
- To circulate notices and other relevant information likely to be of interest
- To manage the affairs of WFOSPS efficiently in accordance with its constitution
- To circulate the ‘Footprints’ Newsletter
3. What information do we hold?
- Individuals' names, postal and email addresses and telephone numbers.
4. Who uses this data?
- WFOSPS Committee members
- The Data Controller is the Wirral Footpaths and Open Spaces Preservation Society
- The Data Processors are the Secretary and the Membership Secretary
5. Where is this information stored?
Records are held by the Secretary and Membership Secretary. The website displays walk leaders’ contact details. Photos of members on walks may be shown on the event notice board subject to permission from the individual.
6. Types of data
Electronic and paper records with individuals' contact details; - Emails & correspondence; - Photographs of individuals.
7. Privacy of information
All personal data will be kept private and confidential and will only be shared with other officers of WFOSPS for purposes connected with WFOSPS. It will not be shared with or sold to any other organisation or third party.
8. Retention of Personal Information
- Members' personal information will be stored as long as they are members.
- If a member should leave WFOSPS this information will be destroyed following an annual review of membership records.
- No information will be held longer than is necessary.
9. Rights of individuals
The Data Protection Acts include the following rights for individuals: - the right of access; - the right to rectification; - the right to erasure; - the right to restrict processing; - the right to object.
Contact WFOSPS at – (email) firstname.lastname@example.org – (post) WFOSPS, 49 Lang Lane, West Kirby, Wirral, CH48 5HQ.
o – o – o – o – o
For more information about ‘Legitimate Interests’ as a basis for holding and processing personal data see the Information Commissioner’s Office website page www.ico.org.uk and enter Legitimate Interests in the searchbox.
This Policy will develop when legislation and other circumstances change. The WFOSPS website will always show the latest version and a copy can be obtained from the contacts shown above.
Version: 1, May 2018