Orange County Sites:
New York State Info:
Events: Environmental OrganizationsEnvironmental Projects:
- ELLA - Hudson Hills and Highlands Environmental Leaders learning Alliance.
- EPA - US Envronmental Protection Agency
- Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies - Founded in 1983, the Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies is one of the world’s leading independent environmental research organizations. Areas of expertise include freshwater, the ecology of infectious diseases, environmental chemistry, invasive species, and climate change.
- Trees for Tribes
- Solarize Hudson Valley - Solarize Hudson Valley is a regional campaign to make it easier and more affordable for households and small businesses to go solar.
- Wallkill River Watershed Alliance - The Wallkill River Watershed Alliance is committed to making the Wallkill swimmable, fishable, and
ecologically healthy for present and future generations
- Hudson River Watershed - they are an alliance of groups and individuals throughout the Hudson River Watershed from Lake Tear of the Clouds in the Adirondacks to and including New York Harbor. Their mission is to protect, conserve and restore the water resources of the Hudson River Basin.
Other Sites of Interest:
- Hudson Valley Green Drinks - Green Drinks is a monthly networking event where people in the environmental fields and the sustainably minded meet over drinks (alcoholic or non), usually in an informal setting to exchange ideas, find out who’s doing what and spread the word on what you're doing, find employment leads and make new friends and contacts.
- Links to Online Environmental Resources for CACs
- Acres for America - Acres for America is a partnership between Walmart Stores, Inc. and
the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation. The Acres for America program was
established to provide funding for projects that conserve important habitat for
fish, wildlife, and plants through acquisition of interest in real property. The
goal of the Acres for America program is to offset the footprint of Walmart’s
domestic facilities on at least an acre by acre basis through these
acquisitions. During the next five years, Walmart
and NFWF will focus on preserving lands critical to protecting migration routes,
iconic wildlife, watersheds and forests.
- Riverkeeper - the Riverkeeper is a member-supported watchdog organization dedicated to defending the Hudson River and its tributaries and protecting the drinking water supply of nine million New York City and Hudson Valley residents.
- Hudson Estuary Watershed Resiliency Project - The Hudson Estuary Watershed Resiliency Project is a combination of research, demonstration, and educational outreach projects to address the challenges of flooding, stream and watershed management, and climate change. Also check out http://blogs.cornell.edu/estuaryresilience/