Are you facing layoffs or unemployment? Some online resources that might assist you:
Additional Government Benefits
NEA Member Benefits Assistance
- Job search service
To access the Member Assistance page, visit neamb.com and click on the Member Assistance article on the homepage, or enter “Member Assistance” in the search box at the top of the homepage and click “Search.”
Members may also call the NEA MB Member Service Center toll free at 1-800-637-4636 and speak to a Member Service Representative or email their questions to email@example.com.
- Unemployment Lifeline from AFL-CIO – resources such as Talking to your Family, Where to Go for Help, Dealing with Creditors, Keeping a Roof Over Your Head, Putting Food on the Table, Managing Utility Bills, Staying Insured, Getting a Job.
- Subsidy for Extending Health Care Coverage - flyer from the Oregon Dept of Consumer & Business Services.
- Oregon Child Care Resource & Referral Network - contains listings of resources available by county.
- Home Ownership Preservation Help - State of Oregon.
- Oregon Division of Consumer and Business Services - help with unemployment, maintaining health insurance while unemployed and foreclosure prevention.
- Oregon Helps - information on programs such as Low Income Energy Assistance (LIEAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Employment Related Childcare (ERDC), Property Tax Deferral, Portland Water Bureau’s Financial Assistance Program, Emergency Food.