SHS College and Career Center - Room 1202
Hours: Monday - Friday: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Bag Lunch Career Exploration Series:
Lunches are open to all grade levels during both lunches! We invite
guests to the Skyline High School College & Career Center to share with
students about their careers, internships and/or educational pathways.
Detectives/Law Enforcement – Tuesday,
are very fortunate to have two really awesome Detectives coming to
Skyline High School! If you are interested in learning more
about what a Detective or Law Enforcement Officer does, please join
Cosmetology Careers – Tuesday, April
are the different types of cosmetology careers? What is the career
like day-to-day? What are the admission requirements for cosmetology
school? Is financial aid available for these programs? What sorts of
things should a person do in order to be a competitive applicant? What
is the job market like for graduates?
Automotive Technology Careers – Date
you are interested in working in the automotive industry or just love
cars, join us for this discussion!
Industry Conference 2015 – Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
all high school students with a PASSION FOR FASHION! The fashion
industry conference will feature hands on student workshops, student
fashion show, a panel of industry professional, lunch, door prizes and
swag bags. Ticket cost $15 per person. Stanford-Brown
College – Seattle 645 Andover Park, West Seattle
98188. Please go to their website for more information and to
College Fair – Saturday, April 25, 2015 – 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
event is at Seattle University’s Connolly Center. This is hosted by
the Pacific Northwest Association for College Admission Counseling and
is a scaled-down version of the National College Fair, but still
brings over 100 colleges. Attendance is FREE and
open to students, parents and educators. If you have questions, email
the Executive Assistant at email@example.com.
Engineering Discovery Days –
Saturday, April 25, 2015 – 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Engineering Discovery Days, students and faculty from all UW
engineering departments share their work with students, teachers,
families and the community. Join us for hands-on fun and learning.
Free and open to everyone. Registration is suggested for all who plan
to participate so we can communicate any changes or logistical
information. 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Exhibits open at 10 a.m.). Exhibits and
activities, and high school students and their families can attend presentations
starting at 9 a.m. to learn about admissions, scholarships and
financial aid, UW housing and food options, and the honors program.
Uyeta Landscape & Maintenance Training Camp -
Saturday, April 4, 2015 – 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
you looking for a career in landscape installation and maintenance and
have little or no experience? Are you already working in the industry
and want to improve your knowledge and skills? Students studying
Horticulture, Landscape Design, Landscape Architecture and similar
fields of study, anyone wanting a career in landscaping and
maintenance, Must be 18 years old and up. Learn new skills,
enhance your resume, have fun and meet great people at the same time!
Free. Registration Due March 27th. Event at: 19605 106th Ave SE
Renton, WA 98055, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, For more information,
please call: 253-859-8589.
Our summer camps introduce middle and high school
students to computer science through programming projects, magic tricks and
faculty presentations. 2015 Camp dates are now posted! Registration
opens March 9th closes March 16th
alternate summer opportunities for K-12 students in the Puget Sound
interested in computing:
sources for summer programs:
Summer Program FInder
"Finding The Right
Summer Opportunity for Teens"
Collegewise’s Summer Planning Guide
The Issaquah School District has
contracted with the Parchment Exchange to manage the
ordering, processing, and secure delivery of both official and unofficial
Parchment Exchange offers:
- Secure, on-line access to request your transcript 24/7.
- Email notification when transcripts are processed and
- On-line tracking ability.
- The option to request electronic delivery of your
transcript to participating colleges, universities or other organizations
such as the NCAA.
For further details click here.
Our mission is to ensure that all students are planning well for their futures. We are here to help them to navigate a successful passage through high school in the following areas:
- Career/College Planning Advice
- College representative visits
- Military representative visits
- Career Activities infused in the classroom
- Brown Bag Lunch presentations with professionals in different career fields
- College & Career library of books and catalogs & about colleges and careers
- Special events -Field trips to colleges & special guest speaker programs
- Detailed Website with links to many college, financial aid & career sites
- Scholarship information & applications
- Career aptitude assessment and interpretations ( CHOICES, ASVAB and other inventory tests)
- Computerized career guidance software ( career interest inventory, college and scholarship search etc)
- Calendar of career/college events at Skyline & in the community
- Job and Volunteer opportunities for students
- Technical 2-year and 4-year college catalogs and information
- Development of marketing strategies and employment skills (Resume application & interviewing resources and assistance)
- WaNIC (Washington Network For Innovative Careers) program information/ classes
- Tech Prep class information
- Internship & Apprenticeship opportunities
- Summer enrichment program information
- High School and Beyond Project support