- Prof. Se Kwon Kim joined the Editorial Board of Scientific Reports, an open access journal published by Nature Research!
- The single-author paper "Dynamics of bimeron skyrmions in easy-plane magnets induced by a spin supercurrent" has been published in Physical Review B!
- The paper with Qiming "Topological Hall effect at above room temperature in heterostructures composed of a magnetic insulator and a heavy metal" has been published in Nature Electronics! This research is highlighted in the article "Skyrmions in magnetic insulators warm up" in the same journal by Chun-Yeol You at DGIST in South Korea.
- Our paper "Topological transport of vorticity in Heisenberg magnets" with Ji Zou (a graduate student at UCLA) and Yaroslav Tserkovnyak has been published in PRB as a Rapid Communication. Congratulation for your nice paper, Ji!
- Prof. Se Kwon Kim has been awarded 2019 Young Investigator Grant (YIG) for Science from Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA)! The proposed research program is Superfluid-Inspired Spin Transport with Minimal Dissipation in Magnetic Materials.
- Our paper "Low magnetic damping of ferrimagnetic GdFeCo alloys" has been accepted for Physical Review Letters. This experimental work address the magnetic damping of GdFeCo, a ferromagnet with the angular momentum compensation temperature where the net angular momentum vanishes. By refuting the previous belief that the magnetic damping of the material diverges at the compensation temperature, we showed that in fact the magnetic damping is small and almost independent of temperature in a wide range spanning the compensation temperature.
- Here are talks about our works at 2019 APS March meeting in Boston:
- F41.00003 : Nonlocal Spin Transport Mediated by a Vortex Liquid in Superconductors, Presenter: Se Kwon Kim, Time: 12:03 PM, Tuesday, March 5, 2019
- K39.00010 : Topological Transport of Vorticity in Heisenberg Magnets, Presenter: Ji Zou, Time: 10:12 AM, Wednesday, March 6, 2019
- K41.00007 : Transport signatures of interfacial exchange coupling and chiral spin textures in magnetic insulator thin films, Presenter: Qiming Shao, Time: 9:36 AM, Wednesday, March 6, 2019
- Our paper "Vanishing skyrmion Hall effect at the angular momentum compensation temperature of a ferrimagnet" has been published in Nature Nanotechnology. This work reports the first experimental observation of vanishing of the spin Hall angle in antiferromagnetically-coupled systems, confirming our theoretical prediction.
- Our paper "Domain wall dynamics in easy-cone magnets" has been published in Physical Review B. This work is on the dynamics of a domain wall in easy-cone magnets, which are induced by an external field, spin-transfer torque, spin superfluid. Both analytical and numerical techniques are used for the research.
- Our paper "Tunable Magnonic Thermal Hall Effect in Skyrmion Crystal Phases of Ferrimagnets" has been accepted for publication in Physical Review Letters. This work presents a new theory for magnon transport in topological spin-textured ferrimagnets that can include ferromagnets and antiferromagnets as two special cases and shows that the unique tunability of ferrimagnets leads to the new control of magnon transport therein.
- Our paper "Nonlocal Spin Transport Mediated by a Vortex Liquid in Superconductors" has been accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. Lett. It has been selected as an Editors' Suggestion also Featured in Physics. This work proposes using a superconducting vortex liquid as a robust spin-transport channel. Reciprocally, spin-transport measurements are shown to be able to provide hitherto unaccessible information about an elusive vortex-liquid phase.
- Our paper "Cooper-Pair Spin Current in a Strontium Ruthenate Heterostructure" has been accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. Lett. This work exemplifies the promising future research direction, exploring strongly correlated systems by spin-transport measurements.
- Our paper “Role of dimensional crossover on spin-orbit torque efficiency in magnetic insulator thin films" has been accepted for publication in Nature Communications. Congratulation, Qiming!
- Our paper, "Magnon-induced non-Markovian friction of a domain wall in a ferromagnet," which is coauthored by Yaroslav, Oleg, and Victor, has been published in PRB. Thanks for the nice collaboration!
- Here are talks about our works at 2018 APS March meeting in Los Angeles:
- S19.00008 Chiral Edge Mode in the Coupled Dynamics of Magnetic Solitons in a Honeycomb Lattice, Presenter: Se Kwon Kim
- K13.00006 Cooper pair spin current in SrRuO3 / Sr2RuO4 heterostructure, Presenter: Suk Bum Chung
- L22.00007 Superfluid-inspired spintronics, Presenter: Pramey Upadhyaya
- P22.00010 Novel perspectives for the control of antiferromagnetic solitons, Presenter: Ricardo Zarzuela
- Y21.00014 Anisotropic Spin-Superfluid Magnet as a Long Josephson Junction, Presenter: Daniel Hill
- L22.00004 (invited talk) Fast domain wall motion induced by antiferromagnetic spin dynamics at the angular momentum compensation temperature of ferrimagnets, Presenter: Kab-Jin Kim