The Sacred Heart Area Historical Society operates a Research Library in the lower level of its museum. The library has a variety of resources available to the public during museum hours and by appointment.
- Genealogies and Family Books
- Photographs of the Sacred Heart area: includes O.C. Sparstad Glass Negative project of approximately 2700 images; farm sites, houses, and other photographs in subjects such as families, businesses, churches, schools, military, organizations, and historical sites
- Telephone Directories: with Sacred Heart listing
- Books and Periodicals: primarily local history, including Sacred Heart Public School yearbooks
- Tax assessment records: Sacred Heart city, Ericson Township, Hawk Creek Township, Sacred Heart Township, Wang Township, and Renville city
- Newspapers: microfilms for years 1897-2001 (see index); hardcopies of Sacred Heart papers for years 1956-present and a few earlier issues
- Minnesota State Population Censuses: (microfilms – see index) Sacred Heart city, Ericson Township, Hawk Creek Township, Sacred Heart Township, and Wang Township for 1857, 1875, 1895, and 1905
- U.S. Non-population Census Schedules: (microfilms – see index) Sacred Heart city, Ericson Township, Hawk Creek Township, Sacred Heart Township, and Wang Township for 1860-1880
- Naturalization Records: (microfilms - see index) 1868-1946
- Admission to the Research Center is Free; however, donations are appreciated
- We accept information requests by mail, phone or email. Please ask specific questions and include a family group sheet for our records and additional information to assist us in locating the individual(s).
- Tuesdays (1:30-5:00 PM year-around, except holidays and in inclement weather)
- Fridays (1:30-5:00 PM April-December, except holidays and in inclement weather)
- Summerfest (Friday-Sunday 1:00-4:00 PM)
- By appointment
- Members pay $15 per hour for information request, plus postage and copies. Non-members pay $20 per hour. Please ask specific questions and include your genealogy chart/family group sheet.
- Black & White Copy $0.25 for non-members; .10 for members
- Colored Copy $0.50 for non-members; .25 for members
- Researchers with cameras must fill out a form and submit along with a research fee; Scanners are not permitted.
- Scanning services are available.
- For all other requests, please contact us at (320) 762-2274 or firstname.lastname@example.org