There are 2 ways by which you can file for IPRs.
- Decide what kind of Property Right you want to go for. (Patents/Trademarks/Industrial Design Rights/Copyrights/Geographical Indication)
- Document every files nicely and maintain all the lab records with signatures at the required places, if needed.
- Fill this document → Click Here.
- Submit all the documents by hardcopy or by an E-mail to the IPR Cell of IIT Ropar.
- The IPR Cell of IIT Ropar is going to send these documents for International Patent Search to PSCST along with a fees of 2,500 ₹.
- Within 2-3 months, you'd receive the results of Internation Patent Search with some forms. Based on the reports, decide whether your invention is patentable or not.
- If you find your invention patentable, fill the forms which you received from the International Patent Search, with every detailed specification.
- Send those forms to IPR Cell, which will further send them to PSCST (further being forwarded to TIFAC).
- TIFAC scrutinizes your application and if they find it genuine, and if it satisfies all the conditions, then it further sends it to the Patent Attorney.
- After 2-4 months, you'll receive a letter confirming your Intellectual Property Rights.
- Follow the first three steps of Normal Process.
- Request your IPR Cell to scrutinize your application, your departmental representative(the member of IPR Cell which handles that department) of IPR Cell will scrutinize your application.
- In addition, you need to take approval from the Director to apply directly to the Patent Attorney.
- If everything works out perfectly, you'll receive your rights in about a month.