PI: Dr. Rabibrata Mukherjee
Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Research at the Instability and Soft Patterning Laboratory, IIT Kharagpur includes nano scale patterning and ordering of polymer systems, by controlling the self organization and evolution of unstable ultra thin films in various settings. The broad areas interest includes Thin Film Dewetting, Polymer blends, Soft lithography, Evaporation induced patterning, E-field instability, Colloidal assembly, Liquid Crystal thin films, Spin coating, Nano particles in thin films, Opto-electronic device applications, Super Hydrophobic surfaces etc.
We have a state of art laboratory with facilities like AFM, Optical Microscope, Spin and Dip coaters, Ellipsometer, Goniometer and UV Ozone Chamber. We are funded by DST and several other organizations. We also have several international colaborations with universities at Akron, Freiburg etc. and several other groups in India.
LATEST NEWS: 2018
- 22-10 "Non lithographic block copolymer directed self-assembled and plasma treated self-cleaning transparent coating for photovoltaic modules and other solar energy devices" gets published by Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells. Congratulations!! https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0927024818304161
- 13-10 "Replicating and Resolving Wetting and Adhesion Characteristics of a Rose Petal" gets published by Colloids and Surface Science A. Congratulations!! https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0927775718308963
- 09-10 "Enhanced performance of hybrid self-biased heterojunction photodetector on soft-lithographically patterned organic platform " gets published by Nanotechnology. Congratulations!! http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6528/aae240/pdf
- 06-10 "Fabrication of Ordered 2D Colloidal Crystals on Flat and Patterned Substrates by Spin Coating " gets accepted by ACS Omega. Congratulations!!
- 06-10 " Morphology Modulation in Evaporative Drying Mediated Crystallization of Sodium Chloride Solution Droplet with Surfactant" gets published by Soft Matter. https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlehtml/2018/sm/c8sm01370e
- 08-04 Latest publication from ISPL in Scientific Reports! Transition from Spin Dewetting to continuous film in spin coating of Liquid Crystal 5CB. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-25504-7
- 09-03 Transfer Printing of Colloidal crystals based on UV mediated degradation of a polymer thin film gets published by Chem Comm. Congratulations!! http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2018/cc/c8cc01572d#!divAbstract
- 10-02 Capillary Force Lithography Pattern-Directed Self-Assembly (CFLPDSA) of Phase-Separating Polymer Blend Thin Films gets accepted by ACS OMEGA. Congratulations!! Link: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsomega.7b02078