There are three things we as RCHC value and hope to continuously develop: our physical environment, our social environment, and our relationship with the outside community.
- We hope to develop our physical space by maintaining our facilities and by instilling a sense of ownership among our residents.
- We would like RCHC to be “home-like” with a social environment that encourages involvement, where members interact with mutual respect, goodwill, acceptance, trust and support.
- We hope to be an asset to the community through concern for the environment, education, and the support of community endeavors.
- Within our physical sphere, we commit ourselves to:
- Save rent through owning and managing our own homes
- Keeping our houses clean and functional
- Taking responsibility for the financial well-being of the collective
- Continue to make improvements on all our houses
- Within our social atmosphere, we commit ourselves to:
- Questioning our definitions of “diversity” and seeking to be diverse and non-discriminatory with regards to race, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical ability, perspective, religion and creed
- Incorporating individual voices within the whole
- Offering a community in which to share individual talents and gain practical skills
- Taking initiative in solving interpersonal conflicts with mutual respect
- Provide social and educational events
- Cooking from scratch while meeting the dietary needs of all members
- Sharing household chores with an equal division of labor
- Within the greater community, we commit ourselves to:
- Participating in the intentional community network
- Low impact living through recycling, composting, conservation and the reduction of waste
- Participating in community outreach and service
- Facilitate community-wide social and educational events
- Expanding the collective to include more people and homes
- Purchase local and organic food