RESONANCE ARTS COVID-19 UPDATE March 17, 2020
During this global crisis I share a desire to do my part to “flatten the curve”, and to keep you and your families safe as well as my own. Although usually my strong preference is to meet with clients in person, for the time being I have decided to meet with people ONLY using an online platform.
There are many benefits to meeting in person:
· seeing the whole of a person and their non-verbal communication, body posture etc.
· being able to use objects in my counselling room like felt pens, sketch pads, archetype cards, emotion flashcards, and more
· the client can come into the therapeutic space, a space apart from your regular day
· options to utilize creative arts therapy techniques involving visual art, music-making, movement, and play therapy
However, during this crisis I feel that the benefits are outweighed by the potential infection risk. While it is possible to avoid close contact, to arrange and use the office space differently and to clean thoroughly after each client visit, again I don’t feel that the risks are worth taking at this time.
I am currently investigating online platforms and will have one up and running as of March 23, 2020. Telephone calls are an option if webcams and computers are not available to you. If you are an existing client, I will be in touch with you prior to your next appointment to set up how we will “meet”. If you are a new client, I will give you the information by phone, text or email as part of our pre-session introduction.
Wishing you all the best as we set forth on this unexpected journey,
Kazimea offers individual couples and family counselling at the Resonance Arts office in downtown Courtenay. The space is easily wheelchair accessible, and offers a cozy room for talking as well as an inspiring art room. Kazimea counsels adults, seniors, youth and children, and welcomes people with developmental, physical, communication and other disabilities. Explore:
- life transitions & self-directed change
- family & parenting issues including co-parenting
- couples, relationship and marriage issues
- difference, disability, diversity and acceptance of self and others
Use music, movement, drama or visual art to achieve the personal goals you want:
- be more creative, intuitive
- express emotions, thoughts
- clarify issues, gain insight
- identify strengths, options, resources
- connect with others
- feel seen, heard, understood
- experience peace, hope & joy
A myth, dream, song, or drawing might serve as the starting point. The art form we choose can give that idea space to be explored, revealing new aspects.
Creative Arts Therapy works well for people who have a strong creative side, and for those who struggle to express themselves verbally. It can also be a way to develop that creative side you've always wanted to enjoy!
Check into Resonance Arts classes or workshops where you could
- Dip into the creative arts more recreationally
- Explore the arts as part of a group
TreeFrog Music offers Music Together(R) Classes - a great opportunity for families with young kids (0 - 5 years) to invite joyful music into daily life. The classes start with the playful enjoyment of songs, movement and percussion, and build a community of music makers and music lovers! These classes are offered year-round, through Courtenay, Comox and Cumberland Recreation.