Thanks for visiting my personal web pages!
Google Scholar: Paul Harper
YouTube: Paul Harper
I am delighted to be:
- Deputy Head of the School, and Director of Engagement and Impact
- Head of the OR Group (a great team of very talented people)
- An Elected Fellow of Learned Society of Wales
- An appointed member of sub-panel 10 Mathematical Sciences for the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
- Founding Editor-in-Chief of the international journal Health Systems
- Director of Health Modelling Centre Cymru (hmc^2) (a pan-Wales centre for mathematical and computational modelling for health)
- Winner of the 2015 Times Higher Education award for ‘Outstanding Contribution to Innovation and Technology'
- Winner of the Cardiff University award for Innovation and Enterprise (2017)
- Twice winner of a Cardiff University Innovation and Impact Prize (2011 and 2015)
- Committee member of HoDoMS (Heads of Departments of Mathematical Sciences)
- Member of the UK OR Society Research Panel
I have been an investigator on in excess of £6M of research funding, and have published more than 80 peer-reviewed articles.
"My Innovative Life" by Cardiff University.
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." - Albert Einstein
"When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves." - William Arthur Ward