Powder Ridge Ski Touring has provided winter backcountry lodging in the Bear River Range of Northern Utah for over 35 years. The Bunchgrass and Steam Mill yurts, both accessed from Logan Canyon, provide access to delightful terrain for all levels of skiers and boarders. The Green Canyon Yurt is a large, family-friendly yurt that sleeps 12 and is located at the end of the winter-groomed Green Canyon trail.
We are currently transitioning to a new online reservation system so that you, our guests, can make reservations in real time, accurately and efficiently, using the link above. The system should be live early in 2017, but until then, please see below to make your reservation. As always, we are willing to answer your questions - just contact us! Thanks for your patience.
To make a reservation at one of our yurts:
- Select your nights. Please see our online calendar below. If a day is blocked out with a yurt icon, that NIGHT is reserved. NOTE: The calendar may be just out of view - scroll down!
- Contact us and wait for an invoice (via email). Email us at powderridgeyurts "at" gmail.com to let us know which yurt and which nights you'd like to reserve. We will then post your reservation to the calendar and send out a reservation packet (invoice and forms that require signatures from everyone in your party).
- Submit payment and signed forms. Payment is due within 15 days of receipt of the invoice; if payment is not received, the dates are released on the calendar.
- Receive codes to the yurt locks. After payment is received and the two reservation documents are read, signed and returned to us, the yurt lock code will be sent to you. Door lock codes cannot be sent until we have your signed forms.
- If you need to cancel: No refunds will be given less than two weeks prior to a reservation. We can negotiate date changes during the same season, however.
The payment schedule is as follows*:
- Bunchgrass and Steam Mill Yurts (each sleeps up to 6):
- Weekend (Friday and Saturday nights) and holiday nights: $200
- Subsequent weekend nights: $150
- Weeknights (Sunday - Thursday nights): $150
- Subsequent weeknights: $100
- Green Canyon Yurt (sleeps up to 12):
- Weekend (Friday and Saturday nights) and holiday nights: $250
- Subsequent weekend nights: $200
- Weeknights (Sunday - Thursday nights): $200
- Subsequent weeknights: $150
*Taxes apply and will be added to the rates listed here. In Cache County, Utah, the total tax is 9.3% (3% room tax plus 6.3% sales & use tax). Please note, our pricing structure has not increased in several years. The tiered costs are intended to encourage multiple-nights trips.
A reservation packet will be sent when we confirm your dates. The packet will include: (1) an invoice with the total cost of your reservation, and (2) two forms that will require signatures from everyone in your party.
Check out photos of the yurts and surrounding terrain on our Facebook page.
The calendar below shows reservations made directly through us or through FareHarbor. Reservations with a * have all required forms submitted and are 100% confirmed. Thank you!