Poseidon Linux 4.0 (current version)
- Based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, with Kernel 2.6.32, and Gnome 2.30.2
- updated packages: Firefox 5.0, MB-System 5.2.1880, QGIS 1.7, GRASS 6.4.1, R 2.13.1... and a lot more!
- new additions: LibreOffice 3.3.2, Nevernote, Dropbox, RSSOwl, Eclipse
- removed packages: Oracle's OpenOffice
Poseidon Linux 3.2:
- Based on Ubuntu 9.10, with Linux Kernel 2.6.31, Gnome 2.28.1
- updated packages: Firefox 3.6, MB System 5.1.3beta1851, QGIS 1.4, GRASS 6.4 RC5... basically everything!
additions: R modules (bioconductor, gam, spgrass6 and geoR);
Poseidon Linux 3.1:
- based on Ubuntu 8.04.1 and with security updates until 17-10-2008;
- for the very first time Poseidon Linux in two versions for 32 and 64 bits computers.
- updated packages: Firefox 3.0.3, Wine 1.0, GRASS 6.3, R 2.7.2, Spring 5.0 in English, MB System 5.1.1 beta 23;
- new additions: VirtulBox OSE, Open Universe Simulator, Gwyddion, SagCAD, Emacs (with support to prolog and Gri), Maxima, Prolog, Xetex, ghemical, Fontforge, Hugin panorama editor, Gnumeric, Bluefish, Avidemux, Audacity;
- Note: Terraview was not included in the 64 bits version.
Poseidon Linux 3.0
- based on Ubuntu 8.04 (LTS version, Long Term Support), and with security updates for three years;
- uses the graphical interface Gnome 2.22 (Ubuntu's standard), but KDE is still available at the package manager;
- all the softwares from the previous version were updated;
- softwares removed due lack of support/update: Scigraphica, Vis5D;
new additions: Mapserver/Pmmaper, MB System, Stellarium, BOINC Manager, Remastersys, APTonCD and many softwares for Bioinformatics.
Poseidon Linux 2.0
- based on Kurumin 5.0 (with Kernel 2.6.11);
- new graphic art and simplified menu K (in KDE);
- installation manual updated and describing in details the stages of the HD partitioning;
- 99% of the packages only based on Debian Sarge (stable) and with security upadtes until 21/10/2005;
- updated packages: KDE (3.3.2), GRASS (6.0.1), R (2.1.0), QGIS (0.7), Terraview (3.0.3), Acrobat Reader (
packages included: Kopete, Qtiplot, GPSDrive, GPSMan, JUMP, Scilab, R
libraries (sp and rgdal), spgrass (module for R / GRASS), gpx2shp,
ABNTex, XDrawChem, Gperiodic, g3data, Fityk;
Poseidon Linux 1.3
- removed packages: GLChess, GAIM, aMSN.
packages: Apt, Csh, Gimp (2.2.6), GKrellm, Kaffeine (0.6), Firefox
(1.0.4), Mplayer, MySQL server and client (4.1.10), PostgreSQL server
and client (7.4.7), Octave (2.1.69), R libraries (cluster, foreign,
mgcv, nlme, rpart, survival), XMMS (2.1.10cvs2005), VIM, Dia;
packages included: Labplot, graphic interface for R (using the library
Rcmdr), new libraries for R (abind, car, effect, lmtest, multicomp,
mvtnorm, relimp, rgl, sandwich, sm, strucchange, zoo), Kghostview,
Poseidon Linux 1.2
- removed packages: KOffice (KWord and KSpread), games Lbreakout and Supertux.
- based on Kurumin 4.1 (already with KDE
3.3 and Kernel 2.6.8);
- included Acrobat Reader® and plugin to open files PDF in the Mozilla Firefox;
- updated packages: QGis (0.6), R (2.0.1), GRASS 6.0.0, Gri 2.12.9;
- new packages included: Mozilla Firefox (
1.0.1), MySQL 4.1.9, SPRING 4.1, Terraview and AMSN;
- inaugurates of the new graphic look.