1. Invisible Geniuses: Could the Knowledge Frontier Advance Faster? (with Ruchir Agarwal). IMF Working Paper available here.
1. How Do Travel Costs Shape Collaboration? (with Christian Catalini and Christian Fons-Rosen). Forthcoming, Management Science.
2. Patents and the Success of Venture-Capital Backed Startups: Using Examiner Assignment to Estimate Causal Effects. Journal of Industrial Economics. 2018. 66(2): 350-376.
3. An Advisor like me? Advisor Gender and Post-graduate Careers in Science (with Mario Piacentini). Research Policy. 2018. 47(4):805-813.
4. A Field Experiment on Search Costs and the Formation of Scientific Collaborations (with Kevin Boudreau, Tom Brady, Ina Ganguli, Eva Guinan, Tony Hollenberg and Karim Lakhani). Review of Economics and Statistics. 2017. 99(4):565-576
5. It's Good to be First: Order Bias in Reading and Citing NBER Working Papers. (with Daniel Feenberg, Ina Ganguli and Jonathan Gruber). Review of Economics and Statistics. 2017. 99(1), pages 32-39.
6. Who comes back and when? Return migration decisions of academic scientists. Economics Letters. 2014. 124(3):461-464.
7. Chinese Graduate Students and U.S. Scientific Productivity (with Mario Piacentini). Review of Economics and Statistics. 2013. 95(2):698-701.
8. Is the U.S. outperforming Europe in university technology licensing? A new perspective on the European Paradox (with Annamaria Conti). Research Policy. 2011. 40(1):123-135
9. Getting cited: does open access help?” (with Nicolas Maystre) Research Policy. 2011. 40(10):1332-1338.