Dr. Paola Passalacqua
University of Texas at Austin
301 E. Dean Keeton St. STOP C1700 Austin TX 78712-2100
Office location: ECJ 8.612
Tel: +1 512-471-3319
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 2017-.
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 2011-2017.
- Postdoctoral Associate, NCED, University of Minnesota, 2010.
- Graduate Research Assistant, Univ. of Minnesota, 2004-9.
- Engineer in Safety and Security at Voltri Terminal Europa S.p.A. Genoa Harbor, Genoa, Italy, 2002-3.
- Undergraduate Researcher, University of Genoa, 2000-2.
- Ph.D, Civil Engineering, Univ. of Minnesota, Dec 2009.
- MS, Civil Engineering, Univ. of Minnesota, Dec 2005.
- BS/MS, Environmental Engineering, University of Genoa (Italy), Nov 2002.
Awards and Honors
- Provost Teaching Fellow, 2018
- University of Texas Regents' Outstanding Teaching Award, 2017
- Junior Marchi Lecture Award, 2017
- Most Exemplary Faculty Member Award for the Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering, 2017
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Award for Outstanding Teaching in Environmental Engineering and Science, 2016
- Editors’ Citation for Excellence in Refereeing for Water Resources Research, 2016
- Dean's Award for Outstanding Teaching by an Assistant Professor, 2015
- NSF CAREER Award, 2014
- Department Teaching Award, UT Austin, 2014
- Outstanding Faculty Award in Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering, UT Austin, 2014
- Ervin S. Perry Student Appreciation Award, UT Austin, 2012
- Faculty Appreciation Week Award, UT Austin, 2012
- Postdoctoral Synthesis Fellowship, NCED, 2010.
- AGU Outstanding Student Paper Award Hydrology, 2008.
- Edward Silberman Fellowship, 2006.
- Laurea summa cum laude, University of Genoa, 2002.
Curriculum vitae: Passalacqua_CV