Getting a meet sanctioned and ready to accept on line
entries in Swim Connection.
(Some of the tasks need to be
completed sequentially, others are not.
Independent task should be completed expeditiously to avoid last minute
- Forms for Meet Sanctions will be found on the
Pacific Swimming Website under the Meets Tab and under the section labeled
Meet Sanctions. Attached are the sample Sanctions requirements and sample C/B/A+ meet sheet.
- E-mail Meet Sanction Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The appropriate sanction fees will be
collected from the proceeds of the meet when you send in your financial
statement to Pacific Swimming. Get this
task out of the way. Do not wait
till you have the meet approved before sending application form in. The
meet will not be sanctioned until the Sanction Application form is in the
hands of the Pacific Sanction Chair.
- Finalize the list of events that you plan to
offer in your meet based on X, Y, Z format of the meet and the additional
events you will be offering. Check
with your coaches. This link provides explanation on the various formats.
- Apply for Meet host account with Swim Connection,
if you do not have one. Do this
early if you do not have an account.
It may take a few days before Swim Connection approves your meet
- Get Meet Referee and Head Starter assigned to
your meet by contacting Leo Lin,
Zone 2 Officials Chair at email@example.com. You can
also look it up in the Officials section in the Zone 2 website under
Officials Meet Assignment.
- Start setting up the meet in Swim Connection once
you have your initial event list complete and Meet Host account. This will take some time and patience if
you have never done this before.
Start on this task early so you have time to get through the set up
and/or get help when you are stuck.
Once you have the meet set up, start running trial entries in the
meet to see if you have the entry requirements set up correctly. The more robust your set up is the
faster it will take swim connection to approve your final setup after meet
sanction, so your online entry can go live.
- Complete draft meet sheet. There is a template attached which you may use to help you set up the meet sheet. Try to follow the order and wordings
that are listed in the 2012 meet sanctions document. When the draft is
completed send the Word document to the Meet Referee for comments and
- In your meet sheet, the Swim Connection OME link
is in the following format: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/TEAMYYYYMMDD.
(YYYYMMDD =Year, month and date of the
first day of the meet).
- After the Meet Referee approves the draft meet
sheet, send meet sheet (Word file) to Marie Lin,
Zone 2 Sanction chair at Zone2Sanction@gmail.com
to obtain Zone approval.
- Incorporate comments/suggested changes from Marie Lin into meet sheet. Obtain final approval from Meet Referee
(in e-mail), and forward approval e-mail to Marie
Lin for final Zone level approval.
- Once the meet sheet has been Sanctioned by Zone
2, Marie will send the Sanctioned meet sheet to Jill Ruppenstein in the
Pacific Office for Pacific Approval.
- Incorporate comments/changes suggested by Jill in
order to meet the Pacific Sanctions standards. Wait for Pacific Sanction Approval and
assignment of Sanction number.
- Make any event changes suggested in your Swim
Connection meet setup.
- Contact Swim Connection to approve your meet set
up if you are ready. Once Swim
Connection on line entry goes live, contact Rick Bebee, Pacific Swimming
webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org so
your meet info and online entry link will be posted on Pacific Swimming
NOTE: Skip Step 4 and 5 if
your meet is a PC meet and send it directly to the Pacific Office for Pacific
If you have any questions please contact the zone 2 sanctions lead at email@example.com.
Also attached are the recommended guidelines for assigning timing lanes to visiting teams.