My sister, Laura-Eliza Dumitrescu, is an Assistant Professor of Statistics.
Last academic year I was affiliated with Germany, due to a MPIM Research Grant.
- Starting 2017, I am Assistant Professor at Central Michigan University
- I was a member of the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics.
- I am also a permanent member of the Algebraic Geometry group of the
Institute of Mathematics Simion Stoilow, Bucharest.
- I was a Postdoctoral Fellow in Algebraic Geometry at GRK Analysis, Geometry and String Theory (Graduiertenkolleg 1463), Leibniz Universitaet Hannover.
- I was a Krener Assistant Professor in Algebraic Geometry at
News: In September 2018 we are organizing a BIRS conference on
''Geometry and Physics of Quantum Curves''
Impact of my research activities:
- My work with M. Mulase connecting the theories of topological recursion and Higgs bundles, which resulted in our recent solution to a conjecture of Gaiotto (with L. Fredrickson, G. Kydonakis, R. Mazzeo, M. Mulase and A. Neitzke) while attending the AIM workshop Current trends on spectral data for Higgs bundles, is featured by
(in AIMatters, Newsletter of the American Institute of Mathematics).
- During the last three years, my research in algebraic geometry and global analysis with collaborators contributed to the mission of the non-profit organization American Institute of Mathematics (AIM) in San Jose, California. I co-organized one workshop, and attended four other workshops and a SQuaRE there.
For the academic year 2016-2017 I accepted invitations from:
- I have obtained my Ph.D degree in Algebraic Geometry under the supervision of Rick Miranda.