Strong numbers at both practice nights
Practice Night #1 - Rookies fire up at Valvoline
6 new rookies were out learning the ropes at last night's Valvoline Raceway practice session. With a few veterans taking some test and tune time, 10 cars took the green most of the night and all came back smiling keen for more.
As expected Anthony McTaggart, Darren Salmon, Jordan Binskin and Matt Reed were all on hand to get early testing done in time to set up a solid season foundation.
Learning curves were steeper for some rookies more so than others, with a few spins, cut tyres and even one gentle high side roll over to thrill the crowd in turn 4 involving the ever smiling Danny Stone.
New comer Ben 'Poodle' Morgan was the most consistent of the rookies in the ex Geering car, as Scott Moir, Pete Styles, Jason Bisset, Danny Stone and Darren Barlow all encountered teething problems on the night.
With many returning drivers firing up in coming weeks, 2016/17 looks promising for the car count. Once the new drivers settle in, the action is sure to be electric.
Practice Night #2 - Strong numbers among bumper fields
About 8 cars joined the bumper numbers (129 cars!) dialing in at last Saturday night's Valvoline Raceway practice session #2. A few more veterans took some test and tune time, among returning rookies and once again all drivers came back smiling.
As expected Jordan Binskin returned to iron out his engine issues, joining Rodney Waters and Chris Davis also keen to get early testing done in time to set up their season ahead.
Learning curves were again steeper for some rookies over others, with a couple experiencing engine woes. Danny Stone kept it rubber side down and took his new wing to fastest of all drivers running transponders in 3 out of 4 sessions! That's how you bounce back...
2016/17 looks even more promising for the car count than first expected. Make sure to be trackside on the 15th October when round 1 of our championship kicks off at Valvoline Raceway
Practice Kicks off this Weekend!
The first practice night of the season kicks off this Saturday Night September 10 at Valvoline Raceway. Great chance for everyone to dust off the cobwebs from what has been a long off-season, and get themselves ready for Round 1 in a few weeks time. A few things to consider ahead of this weekend's practice:
- Club membership and Speedway Australia License need to be current in order to participate
- All cars will need to have been green sheeted either beforehand or on the night prior to being permitted on the track
- If green sheeting on the night, please be in the pits ready to go by 3pm. Late arrivals will not be done on the night
- Ensure safety gear is up to date (Snell 2010 or later required for all helmets, Seat Belts must be tagged and dated no older than 2 years, Rock Screens fitted, All gear appropriately SFI tagged)
- Please note VR charge an admission fee as well as an additional practice fee of $50 which must be paid at the Sprintcar Office prior to participating