Nicolas Gillis, Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics and Operational Research
Faculté polytechnique, Université de Mons
9, Rue de Houdain
E-mail: nicolas.gillis at umons.ac.be
Fields of interest: Continuous and discrete optimization, low-rank matrix approximations, nonnegative matrix factorization, numerical algorithms, computational complexity, nonnegative matrices, data mining, hyperspectral imaging.
Where I'll be at?
- May 19-22: SIAM conference on Optimization, San Diego (USA). Organizing the minisymposium `Recent Advances in Nonnegative Matrix Factorization and Related Problems' with Steve Vavasis.
- June 6: Annual Belgian-Dutch Conference on Machine Learning (BENELEARN), Brussels (Belgium).
- June 8-13: The Householder Symposium XIX on Numerical Linear Algebra, Spa (Belgium).
- June 24-27: Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing: Evolution in Remote Sensing (WHISPERS), Lausanne (Switzerland).
- July 7-11: The 21st International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems (MTNS), Groningnen (The Netherlands).
- August 27-29: international - Traveling Workshop on Interactions between Sparse models and Technology (iTWIST), Namur (Belgium).