Enrichment Awards & Guidelines
PURPOSE: The PTC aims to enrich the academic and co-curricular experiences of students at Needham High by providing small awards of up to $750 for programs that add to student life but are not able to be funded through the school’s budget. Our goal is to positively impact as many students as possible and to assist those who try to improve the high school experience.
ELIGIBILITY: Awards are available for students, faculty, parents/guardians, and community members. All award applications must have a faculty or administrative sponsor. Any projects that impact curricula require the approval of the appropriate department head.
EXCLUSIONS: Transportation costs will not be awarded. Proposals should be submitted well in advance of the proposed project; expenses from projects that have already taken place will not be reimbursed.
PROCESS: Please complete the PTC Enrichment Award Application which you can download from the Forms page.
Applicants should send proposals and supporting materials, preferably via email, to Kerri Cence (in the Main Office) in accordance with the Enrichment Award Proposal Guidelines listed below.
Applicants will hear back from an Enrichment Award Committee member within two weeks from submission.
CONTACT: For more information, please contact Josephine Li at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing your ideas!
Award Proposal Guidelines
If relevant to your specific proposal, please include the following information in your application in order to improve your proposal:
• Describe any activities that led up to the development of this proposal.
• Discuss the anticipated impact that your proposal will make. We would like to hear about the breadth of impact (number of students affected) and/or the depth of the impact. Also consider any impact on students other than those directly involved in your project.
• Thoroughly describe the need for the requested funds and/or the impact if your project is not funded.
• If the requested funds will only partially fund your project, please detail the total cost of your project and list your other sources for funds.
• Submit supplementary materials such as photos, brochures, etc. that further explain your project.